Two more Dak thoughts

RonWashington

Reaction score
Why is Jerry compelled to resign pay Prescott top dollar over a Mahomes or a Burrow guys like that . The talent level is more Goff territory . Why do owners keep topping the previous top salary at the position if the talent doesn’t warrant it ?

:huh:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Dak leaves and the Boys spend the next decade going thru 100 qb's....
Said the same thing about Romo. The sky won't fall if we lose a failed playoff QB. Those are easy to replace just like Romo was. If you don't want to win a SB then you can easily find a QB for that.

John813

Reaction score
I would guess Dak signed some type of insurance policy in case of a severe injury.
Would it be as high as a top market deal, maybe not, but at least some type of good payout if something bad happened.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sign him, hold out? I really don't care who our QB is....I just want to watch some football! If he's there, I'm his biggest fan, if he's not....Dak who?
All I know is that I will post 1,000s of stupid, laughing dog emojis if he does Sign!
:muttley:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The last time he bet on himself he was 1-4 and then broke his ankle and got a "Pity" contract from Jerry who at the press conference admitted he overpaid!
The dude is Road Kill with our schedule coming up the first 10 weeks.

1. You pull for the team to lose.
2. When they win you don’t post.
3. 95%+ of your posts are about one person that you want to fail and when he fails the team loses.
4. You have put one person above the team with your obsession.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2) Is there any way Dak and big Mike are tied together. Daks best year ever came from his first year of running McCarthys offense. I could see Dak wanting to go wherever he is. Since Jerry hasn’t extended Mike, Dak could be upset about that.
Bold> The desire is reasonable but dictating any career course of action on it would not be. Mike McCarthy leaving does not automatically mean he will be hired elsewhere or hired elsewhere immediately.

Additionally, McCarthy may want Dak Prescott as his new team's quarterback. He may even communicate the desire to his new owner and general manager but his quarterback preference may not be shared by his new employer.

Why would Prescott predicate his future plans upon this type of uncertainty? I do not have any idea what he may be planning but it does not seem like that particular contingency is something Prescott would consider in my opinion.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
1) What if he went to Jerry tomorrow and said “get it done now, or I’m holding out starting today.” Season over. I know some of you would be fine with that. But the majority of the fans wouldn’t be. Especially not the casuals.

Honestly, he has way more to lose by playing. The Earl Thomas injury comes to my mind immediately. If he got hurt bad again, it would be a 200 million injury.

2) Is there any way Dak and big Mike are tied together. Daks best year ever came from his first year of running McCarthys offense. I could see Dak wanting to go wherever he is. Since Jerry hasn’t extended Mike, Dak could be upset about that.
1) Part of me thinks that Jerry would secretly love if Dak held out this year. That gives him an easy get out of jail free card with the fans to play his pet cat Lance. If he completely tanks and this team goes 4-13 then he has his answer on Lance and gets the offseason publicity of the Cowboys having a rare top 5 pick. Plus Dak holding out would mean Jerry retains his rights for another season.

2) This is an interesting thought, but its just too hard to predict what openings will actually be there in 2025 and if that team would need both a HC and QB. Many of the hot seat HCs actually have teams with QBs in place. If the Steelers or Giants job opens up I think that could be a realistic scenario though.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
1) What if he went to Jerry tomorrow and said “get it done now, or I’m holding out starting today.” Season over. I know some of you would be fine with that. But the majority of the fans wouldn’t be. Especially not the casuals.

Honestly, he has way more to lose by playing. The Earl Thomas injury comes to my mind immediately. If he got hurt bad again, it would be a 200 million injury.

Watching Dak hold a clipboard all season would be awesome!!!!

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
1) Dak could tear his ACL on the first play and still get over $60m on the open market as a UFA.
2) Obviously in Dallas.

Flamma

Reaction score

Here's the thing. The Cowboys could probably make the playoffs in the NFC with Rush at QB. Maybe go 9-8. Is that any different from going 12-5 and spitting the bit? And Jerry gets to save on salary and cap space. same results, and big savings for the wallet.

exciter

Reaction score
1) Part of me thinks that Jerry would secretly love if Dak held out this year. That gives him an easy get out of jail free card with the fans to play his pet cat Lance. If he completely tanks and this team goes 4-13 then he has his answer on Lance and gets the offseason publicity of the Cowboys having a rare top 5 pick. Plus Dak holding out would mean Jerry retains his rights for another season.

2) This is an interesting thought, but its just too hard to predict what openings will actually be there in 2025 and if that team would need both a HC and QB. Many of the hot seat HCs actually have teams with QBs in place. If the Steelers or Giants job opens up I think that could be a realistic scenario though.
Gets his answer?
Holding onto him because his contract is guaranteed and it saves a little face is a far far cry from actually wanting him to play in an NFL game!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak leaves and the Boys spend the next decade going thru 100 qb's....
so that now 2000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002..lol thx though looks like its already been said but again another dak thread great sarcastic clapping commencing..:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:What a way to start Monday what's next CD deserves 80 million a year

blueblood70

Reaction score

If that was his intention he would have held out from the beginning he's not doing it so can we not say shock value nonsense just because it's in your mind doesn't mean you need to say it and it's been said before by the way it's not a new concept but 2,000,000 posts on Prescott and counting now so now it's 20000002.. If he was gonna do this he would not do it now he would have done it earlier like lamb like other players who were hold INS he literally participating in practices like literally full practices.. He's just as likely to have gotten hurt in practice like he did with his calf and his shoulder were all in training camp also he could easily have hit that hand and fractured it again on a helmet in practice if this is his intent it would have happened already he's not that type of guy when are we gonna get that through your head he's a really proud member of the Dallas Cowboys he's a leader he's a great human being he would not pull that stunt.

You're right he had more to lose but given the fact that he has all their memories from a broken ankle and then he turns around and gets everything he wanted from Jerry if not more he's in the situation he is in now because of his last contract that was done after he broke his ankle off he knows no matter what he's gonna get paid.. So so why hold your teammates up Mr. lamb can learn something from this at least you seeing chase and Brandon are you show up and be hold ends hanging out with their teammates traveling with the team they may not be practicing but they're showing loyalty to their teammates and that's what Prescott is good at he seems generally happy he's got a new baby he's playing very well right now in training camp he had one of his best years and he's gonna come in here and he's either gonna end up being a Dallas cowboy or he's gonna get big money somewhere else...

So no he's not doing this.. And no again you're talking about injuries Prescott ankle snapped off while he was on the tag and he still got all his money he got the no franchise tag the no trade clause and now he's sitting here ready to probably make around $60 million nothing's changed before or after his injury... Earl Thomas was pretty washed up already my man that's why people wanted Eric Berry Earl Thomas Jamal Adams that's why fans need to stay out of this they don't know what is or what isn't when building a team they just think they do...

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
1. Dak is not like that.....and Dak is after the $$$$ he isn't jeropardizing holding out and not getting paid
2. For Dak's sake he needs to get away from MM

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I am actually surprised Dak never held out in this or his last contract year. Dak could hold out today and have the Cowboys feet to the fire. Especially at his age and playing behind a questionable Offensive line. So far his number 1 wr isn't signed. Questions at running back. This all doesn't add up to a good year for Dak but he is going out there an playing.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak snapped his ankle through his skin last time and still got a long term deal.

Kirk cousins is old, tore his Achilles and still got a massive contract.

I don’t think Dak is worried about injury. The injury would have to be absolutely catastrophic for him to not get paid again.

I’m not saying it should be the cowboys. I’m just saying, Dak could tear his ACL tomorrow and some team would still give him a massive deal next off season.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Gets his answer?
Holding onto him because his contract is guaranteed and it saves a little face is a far far cry from actually wanting him to play in an NFL game!
Until they get a resolution on Dak's situation Lance is absolutely still part of the equation here. You don't have to like the guy, but that is the reality of the situation right now. He is absolutely the current plan B if Dak chooses to walk after this year.