Two more Dak thoughts

conner01

Reaction score
1) What if he went to Jerry tomorrow and said “get it done now, or I’m holding out starting today.” Season over. I know some of you would be fine with that. But the majority of the fans wouldn’t be. Especially not the casuals.

Honestly, he has way more to lose by playing. The Earl Thomas injury comes to my mind immediately. If he got hurt bad again, it would be a 200 million injury.

2) Is there any way Dak and big Mike are tied together. Daks best year ever came from his first year of running McCarthys offense. I could see Dak wanting to go wherever he is. Since Jerry hasn’t extended Mike, Dak could be upset about that.
Dak has shown over and over he’s willing to bet on himself so he won’t hold out because he knows someone is paying him next year

exciter

Reaction score
Until they get a resolution on Dak's situation Lance is absolutely still part of the equation here. You don't have to like the guy, but that is the reality of the situation right now. He is absolutely the current plan B if Dak chooses to walk after this year.
Lol,
Lance will be walking to the Canadian league (if he’s lucky) long before Dak is allowed to escape out the door!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Lol,
Lance will be walking to the Canadian league (if he’s lucky) long before Dak is allowed to escape out the door!
Ok bro...Reality is until he signs an extension Dak can do whatever he wants after this year. Just because you hate Trey Lance doesn't change that.

dckid

Reaction score
1) What if he went to Jerry tomorrow and said “get it done now, or I’m holding out starting today.” Season over. I know some of you would be fine with that. But the majority of the fans wouldn’t be. Especially not the casuals.

Honestly, he has way more to lose by playing. The Earl Thomas injury comes to my mind immediately. If he got hurt bad again, it would be a 200 million injury.

2) Is there any way Dak and big Mike are tied together. Daks best year ever came from his first year of running McCarthys offense. I could see Dak wanting to go wherever he is. Since Jerry hasn’t extended Mike, Dak could be upset about that.
Good thought but look at Cousins, he tore his ACL at 36 and still got a huge deal from Atl.
Dak is 100% in control.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Good thought but look at Cousins, he tore his ACL at 36 and still got a huge deal from Atl.
Dak is 100% in control.
Yeah these guys are going to get paid regardless....even if they end up receiving less due to injuries they typically have insurance policies to make up the difference.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Yes because Coach Mac sucks after 3, 12 win seasons and Dak is awesome after the same results.

exciter

Reaction score
Ok bro...Reality is until he signs an extension Dak can do whatever he wants after this year. Just because you hate Trey Lance doesn't change that.
Lol,
Hate doesn’t have anything to do with it!
He has no concept of how to play QB in this League.He’s limited to one read on one side of the field. You want to believe in delusions and fairy tales that’s your prerogative. Reality, Lance will go to Canada or be out of football.

bottleKids

Reaction score

1.) This is a possibility sure, but Jerry's ego is too big to cave. In fact I bet he would secretly love this drama so its talked about constantly in the national sports scene.

2.) Dak is going to go to whomever makes him the highest paid player in NFL history. If he cared about Dallas, he would say "I will sign for 55 million a year" since he already had a recorded setting contract.

At this point I just want football.

Just my 2 cents though.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Lol,
Hate doesn’t have anything to do with it!
He has no concept of how to play QB in this League.He’s limited to one read on one side of the field. You want to believe in delusions and fairy tales that’s your prerogative. Reality, Lance will go to Canada or be out of football.
You look around at QB depth in this league and you think Lance isnt going to get every opportunity to stick with a team and have to settle for the CFL? If you really believe that he cant even stick on a teams practice squad, then yes I believe you are truly blinded by your hatred for the man.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

its way more simple than this....Dak and his agent see FA clearly now, they both know that is the best option on the planet..NFL QB FA..who would turn that down? The question we should be asking is how the hell this FO let it get to a point where he walks while they are holding the bag and have no real replacement on the roster...now thats a great question..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Another very poorly disguised hate Dak thread.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score

lolz the desperation is hilarious !

Dak is gone after this season , move along and stop shedding Man tears

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The question we should be asking is how the hell this FO let it get to a point where he walks while they are holding the bag and have no real replacement on the roster...now thats a great question..
LOL....as another poster mentioned, I don't Jerry ever expected it to get to this point when the current contract was signed. I think he expected Dak to play along as Romo and Troy did before him. Except for the no-trade clause, I'm 100 sure Dak's contract was structured the same as Troy and Romo. I don't he expected Dak to play hardball and by that, I mean not conceding anything.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
LOL....as another poster mentioned, I don't Jerry ever expected it to get to this point when the current contract was signed. I think he expected Dak to play along as Romo and Troy did before him. Except for the no-trade clause, I'm 100 sure Dak's contract was structured the same as Troy and Romo. I don't he expected Dak to play hardball and by that, I mean not conceding anything.
Maybe and that is the problem, part of being a great CEO/GM is to know whats gonna happen before it happens...to literally have no plan B for this just shows how bad he is at it.

exciter

Reaction score
You look around at QB depth in this league and you think Lance isnt going to get every opportunity to stick with a team and have to settle for the CFL? If you really believe that he cant even stick on a teams practice squad, then yes I believe you are truly blinded by your hatred for the man.
Lol, the only thing keeping Lance in the league is the 5m he’s guaranteed. Once that’s over he’ll be gone and forgotten just as fast as Josh Rosen, Paxton Lynch and Johnny Maziel!