two Nors myths about to be....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
squashed forever:

Ty Law is close to a deal with the Chiefs....VP of player personnel Scott Pioli signed an extension with the Pats

Patriots | Pioli Extension Official
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:14:47 -0700

Updating previous reports, Patriots.com reports the New England Patriots have signed vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli to a contract extension. Terms of the extension were not disclosed. "We are proud to announce this extension," said Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft. "Scott has done a tremendous job managing our personnel department and overseeing the draft for us. He has successfully evaluated, recruited and acquired talented players who are also quality individuals that represent our family well, both on the field and in the community."

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Pioli made the right move. Was remote that he'd ever be given JJ's/BP's Powers to go to big D. In fact I don't even think I talked much on that topic here but whatever.

Guess Law is running again! Chiefs have no cAP.
Our traniwreck at FS REMAINS TO BE SEEN!

Ellis on the outs Norsy square on.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
thats my plan and I'm sticking to it....

David as quoted - ouch

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nors said:

David as quoted - ouch

wow, I was really wrong about the 3-4 thing, signing a vet CB and NT and drafting a RB in the middle rounds...really missed those didnt I?

at least I didnt say this:

"Merriman may be the stud of this draft. Will he be there at #11?

I see a young QB added via draft or trade (Schaub, Rivers)
Last trade of a rookie QB, Favre, did bite falcons in the ***! "

David

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:

And here is your post from that thread:

The force in the 3-4 was the dark side a year ago, but its pulling all in. We are going there........

Merriman may be the stud of this draft. Will he be there at #11?

I see a young QB added via draft or trade (Schaub, Rivers)
Last trade of a rookie QB, Favre, did bite falcons in the ***!

No Merriman, no QB in the draft, no trade for a QB

Nice work Matlock :rolleyes:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Merriman/Ware is the same player.

Show me one prediction in Davids thread that was right? One!

Forget 3-4 - he prefaced that as master of obvious!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:
Merriman/Ware is the same player.

You have GOT to be kidding me..... :banghead:

Also, if none of the predictions by anyone are correct, why are you on David's *** for getting his wrong when you and others did no better? Hypocrisy much?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
everyone has one, may as well start a thread with mine too...

First I'm gonna assume Parcells goes through with the swith to the 3-4, at least on a majority of downs. I know alot of people assume this means Glover MUST be traded or released, but it really doesnt. There is nothing that permits us from shifting between odd (3) and even (4) man fronts, especially on obvious pass downs. Belechick and Crennel in New England do alot of shifting back and forth and they can do it because they have players that fit both styles of schemes. Further, we dont need the cap space and Glover is still a productive player at a manageable cap figure.

With the 3-4 in mind, we need a DE, NT, ILB, OLB plus a FS and CB. On offense I think we need another playmaker, particularly at WR. We also need a reliable kicker who has a consistent leg and enough strength to be a threat up to 50-53 yds. Kicking at Texas Stadium should be a huge advantage for any kicker, and its wasted with Cundiff.

QB---I'm pretty much convinced Vinny will be back, WRONG......but I truly hope they develop Henson and let this kid play next yr. I believe Henson starts, with VT as backup and Romo (or someone else) at 3 WRONG........

RB---set with Julius Jones, need a quality backup. I'd use a 2nd day pick (4th rd pick) on a RB, maybe someone like Wisconsin's Anthony Davis or K-States Darren Sproles...guys who can be good receivers for 3rd downs and have explosive speed and potential kick return ability WRONG

FB--- I like Lousaka Polite's potential as a blocker and receiver WILL BE WRONG!
OL--hopefully Rogers can plat LT WRONG...move Flo to RT WRONG...Allen gets in another good yr at LG, Peterman or Gurode starts at RG..set at C with Johnson

WR--I draft Mike Williams with our 1st #1 pick (11th) if he's there WRONG, combined with Keyshawn, Glenn and Crayton we have quality set of WR's...Williams becomes a major threat in red zone

TE---set with Witten and Campbell...then either Ryan or a 2nd day pick at 3rd TE...Ryan seemed ok in a 3rd TE role to me

NT---Pat Williams seems the best of what we know for sure to be available right now as a NT...sign him unless a better option comes open WRONG

DE---set with Ellis at one DE, sign Darren Howard to play the other spot...WRONG, WRONG WRONG

ILB---I think many of us are going to be pleasantly surprised with Ryan Fowler at one ILB, I think maybe he takes one starter spot...Kendrell Bell and Ed Hartwell are the two best ILB's that have 3-4 experience available...Bell might actually come cheaper due to recent injury probs, and he is more of a playmaker... sign Kendrell Bell WRONG WRONG, the irony of course is he should have been here already anyway...yes, I wont be surprised if Dat isnt a starter here next yr Wrong

OLB---draft Shawn Merriman from Maryland with 2nd 1st rd pick, esplosive edge WRONG WRONG rusher we need badly...either Bradie James or Kalen Thornton starts at other OLB spot

FS/SS---Roy finally gets FT spot at SS and hopefully all his playmaking ability will finally be utilized..getting a FS with range is a priority, sign Tampa's Dwight Smith (converted CB anyway)WRONG WRONGCB---set with Newman at one spot, Frazier and other youngters at nickel and dime backs...sign a veteran CB (Ken Lucas) WRONG WRONG, probably will be close to impossible for Seattle to keep him. Another option might be to consider using our 2nd rd pick to draft a CB, or possibly trade up from the 2nd rd pick to obtain one

K/P---we're ok with McBrair at P I think, but I'd be taking a long hard look at Ohio St kicker Mike Nugent or Mich St kicker Dave Rayner in the middle rd area, especially if we can somehow acquire a mid to late 3rd rd pick WRONG WRONG WRONG

David

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
You have GOT to be kidding me..... :banghead:

Also, if none of the predictions by anyone are correct, why are you on David's *** for getting his wrong when you and others did no better? Hypocrisy much?

Read Daveys call I just posted- he predicted Merriman as well. Maybe he forgot.

He was 0 FOR OFFSEASON ACTUALLY!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nors said:

OK Nors, whatever

:rolleyes:

at least I dont make stuff up and try to pawn it off as fact

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nors said:

"Ellis Trade Destination?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atlanta for Peerless Price!"

2005 Starting Defense!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DE - Canty
NT - Ferguson
DE - Spears

LB - Ware
LB - Dat
LB - Shanle
LB - Burnett

CB - Tnew
SS/Biscuit - Roy
FS - Law
CB - Henry

Nickel - Glenn

*IF*Drew Bledsoe Goes down for season in Preseason

Do the Cowboys sign Quincy Carter to be a Vet backup?

Could happen!

Nors, the problem isn't that people think you are wrong most of the time .. it's that you make bold predictions and absolutely will not take any criticism on them yet you criticize other people when they do the same thing. Then, when you are right, you post a billion messages telling everyone you told them so. However, when you are wrong, you are nowhere to be seen or you post a new thread like this one gloating about the times you were right .. anything to take the focus off the fact that someone called you out for being wrong.

Have you been right more often than wrong? I'd have to say yes .. however, your attitude is the main reason why users give you a hard time and chastise you about everything especially when you're wrong.

And just for the record .. a lot of the predictions you made were not "bold" and were common predictions made by a lot of people.

In any case, these were just a few posts I found where you were wrong .. I'm sure it will lead a billion excuses and how you are being treated unfair .. blah blah blah .. However, you asked for examples and here they are. I'm not here to "debate" them with you so justify them all you want .. I'm very realistic about things and the bottom line is the only thing that matters .. and in this case, the bottom line shows you were wrong.

Nors: JJ is destined to be a scat back, 3rd down type. Thread: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showt...ighlight=record

Nors: Parcells could get 1500 yards out of this kid. JJ go get him in offseason. [referring to William Green from Cleveland] Thread: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showt...ighlight=record

Nors: We were 5-1 last season (in division) [referring to 2003 season]. We should be able to do just as good in 2004........... I'm going to drop serious cash on Dallas and over 9 wins. Thread: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showt...ighlight=record

Nors: I also throw $ at both the Giants/Jets DC's to make a lateral and come to Dallas. Thread: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showt...ighlight=record

I'm sure there are others but who cares? Whether you or right or wrong, who cares? I know I never think "Oh man, please don't let us sign Ty Law because Nors will be right." I want the Cowboys to sign any players that can benefit the team.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
>>>Turley at FB?

If cleared medically -

He's probably a 260 pound Fullback type. Might work? We have not had a FB pushing a decade.<<<

Trade Drew Henson

Pick up a late #1.
Draft an impact football player.

Bledsoe signing clearly shows Henson is at least 2 years away. Fact is Romo may be just as good. Move him.

Parlay that and draft could look:

Merriman
Spears
Thomas Davis - OLB STUD

2nd go get a FS like Marlin Jackson

Day 2

NT - Anthony Bryant
RB - Moats, Houston, Sproles
QB - Orlovski, Walter

blindzebra

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
>>>Turley at FB?

If cleared medically -

He's probably a 260 pound Fullback type. Might work? We have not had a FB pushing a decade.<<<

Trade Drew Henson

Pick up a late #1.
Draft an impact football player.

Bledsoe signing clearly shows Henson is at least 2 years away. Fact is Romo may be just as good. Move him.

Parlay that and draft could look:

Merriman
Spears
Thomas Davis - OLB STUD

2nd go get a FS like Marlin Jackson

Day 2

NT - Anthony Bryant
RB - Moats, Houston, Sproles
QB - Orlovski, Walter

The best part is he talks about getting bigger, but wanted a converted safety TEN POUNDS LIGHTER than Singleton at OLB.:D

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Clueless as usual -

In OUR 3-4 he would be my starting FS.

Merriman (Ware)
Spears

Boy was I spot on direction we were going in 1st round!!!!!!!!!!

And Davis went what 15th overall!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
David is Zero for the OFFSEASON - LOL
How that Howard 4-3 trade looking?

GROD - Get Rid of David!

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors said:
Clueless as usual -

In OUR 3-4 he would be my starting FS.

Merriman (Ware)
Spears

Boy was I spot on direction we were going in 1st round!!!!!!!!!!

And Davis went what 15th overall!

So this was a typo?

Thomas Davis - OLB STUD

Give me a freaking break.

FYI, I had us taking Spears and Burnett in my pre-draft prediction, but I'm, not running around crowing about it.

Spot on my arse.:rolleyes:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I didn't start the thread? Who was attacking who? I just called out the o for offseason predictions by David!

Spot on the draft

DE Hybrid
Spears

NEXT