Two QBs Invited to camp

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
According to the Cowboys' web site, they have, "invited," two QBs to camp.
Invited? Never heard that one before. Does it mean they offered a contract?
Have the invited players yet to decide?

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/may-updates-2021

Edited
This isn't a new term with training camp. What it essentially means, I think, is that the player isn't promised anything beyond just getting the base training camp pay for however he lasts in training camp. He would have to be offered a contract before he could play during the season.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isn't a new term with training camp. What it essentially means, I think, is that the player isn't promised anything beyond just getting the base training camp pay for however he lasts in training camp. He would have to be offered a contract before he could play during the season.
Thanks, didn't know that.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't bet the house on what I said. I'm pretty sure that's accurate, but I would do more research if, for example, I were to bet my house.
:muttley: Just sayin'.
I like to think I understand the basics of how the NFL operates, but the last year has shown me that all bets are off on what "normal" has become.

Plankton

Reaction score
This must be the Cowboys being concerned that Dak won't be ready for the beginning of the season.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
According to the Cowboys' web site, they have, "invited," two QBs to camp.
Invited? Never heard that one before. Does it mean they offered a contract?
Have the invited players yet to decide?

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/may-updates-2021

Edited
"Invited" is a common term I've heard my whole life. My dad was invited to Cowboys camp in '67. I've even seen his invitation letter. I have no idea why you have such an issue with that word. It's literally an invitation to try out for the team. If they didn't invite extra QBs to camp, they simply would not have enough to do all the things they do at camp. The QBs on the roster would be spread out too thin.