Two things that still baffle me

visionary

Reaction score
Are you blind!
To often there are no holes for Pollard to run through. This is a combination of bad blocking and we need better designed run plays.

All RB’s need some blocking!!!!!!!! When Pollard is getting stuffed it is because there is NO blocking!
You cant see the holes and im blind
:lmao:

kskboys

Reaction score
I didn’t mean flip flops and shorts. I mean descent. I just don’t think they should have to wear a suit. But most do anyways.. If it was me I would prefer to dress sporty nice jeans and and collared shirt with some sweet sneakers. Gotta keep the feet feeling good. My money makers..
Barber wore a white Tshirt and flipflops.

kskboys

Reaction score
No, I’m saying both OL and RB are issues but people who minimize the importance of a good RB are overblowing how much of an issue OL really is. Also, no better OL were available at the trade deadline but a RB could have been had if our stupid FO had understood this and made the effort

Put Connor or Henry on this team and we would have beaten Philly in their house and would be in line for the 1 seed
Or even a good power back such as Latavius Murray. Signed a one year deal for 1.3 mil. He'd solve our short yardage/up the middle running woes.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I thought honestly when we got him it was for that reason. But there is something holding them back from using him. He has 3 totes and 15 yards. But one carry was a TD from the 4 yard line. Something had happened since then. Not sure what but when on your first couple carry’s you get a TD in the red zone then why would that not get your more opportunities. This last game I saw him in the back field at least 4 or 5 times.
Having productive carries is only part of what they need from him. They need good run blocking, pass blocking, route running, receiving. Maybe he's not delivering on the rest, and they're seeing that in practice.

But If he's getting snaps doing something, that probably isn't the case.

I dunno. I'm with you that it doesn't make a lot of sense that he hasn't gotten more carries.

We often don't make sense.

We've had enough blowouts where our priority should have turned to developing young guys. In blowouts, teams will tend to stack the box and sell out to stop the run. Good time to put in your FB and get quality short yardage snaps.

And if he's in in tight game situations he should get the occasional carries not just for him, but to provide a credible threat to take some heat off the other ball carriers. I'm a big believer in the strategic advantage of attacking with your full range of options to put uncertainty into the mind of the opposition. Make them defend a bigger space of alternatives.

I dunno. As Keyshawn said, Just Give Me the Damn Ball! Maybe Hunter should put that book in his locker and they'll get the hint.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Or even a good power back such as Latavius Murray. Signed a one year deal for 1.3 mil. He'd solve our short yardage/up the middle running woes.
It's not like short yardage backs, or veteran RBs generally, are expensive.

I think we saw enough of the little we were getting out of our short yardage game, and Deuce, to kill two birds with one stone and move Deuce to the PS to make room for another RB. But maybe nepotism is extending to the roster now.

Can't wait to have Jerry Jr. on the roster.