Two things that still baffle me

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I know. But I posted he had 4 BEFORE last night, and 2 more last night. The Cowboys were called offsides 4 times last night, two were declined because Seattle chose to take the result of the pay instead. One of Fowler's was declined but he was called twice for lining up offsides.

Yikes. You’re right. That’s inexcusable if they are presnap too.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I like Dante Fowler . A good mileage FA signing but how many times is he going to line up in the neutral zone .

:huh:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I know you dont want to admit this but the reality is that it is not baffling at all. When the defense knows you cant run it makes it easier for them to stop the pass with the compressed field

Get a real RB and passing windows will open

Its not baffling at all
Are you blind!
To often there are no holes for Pollard to run through. This is a combination of bad blocking and we need better designed run plays.

All RB’s need some blocking!!!!!!!! When Pollard is getting stuffed it is because there is NO blocking!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It’s not the Red Zone, it’s the Stupid Zone.

Because for some reason, whenever our team gets there, both players and coaches, their IQs drop to 0. Time management, discipline with penalties, blocking technique, knowing where the yardage marks are, it all just freaking disappears. Defense ain’t exactly tearing it up either in the Red Zone last time I looked at the stats.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The OL isn’t getting a push, but also Pollard is just running to darkness a lot
He is running where the play is designed to be run! If he could he would run to daylight , but there is no daylight in a lot of these plays.

Getting tired of clueless fans who think they know, but really don’t.

RonWashington

Reaction score
That was a tough call though. Dak ran out of the pocket and the defender turned directly away from Steele. It wasn’t like the defender
That was a tough call though. Dak ran out of the pocket and the defender turned directly away from Steele. It wasn’t like the defender was running by him.

Steele is the weak link in the line chain not the center .

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pollard should be the 3rd down back, not pounding it up the middle in the RZ.

Keep on doing the same thing until we hit the playoffs, then start banging it in with Rico and Hunter. That's our subterfuge.

RonWashington

Reaction score
And if you factor in 77 age and recent history if the Cowboys aren’t heavily scouting an OT in the next draft ( early ) then I give too much credit to McClay and co .

Chasing6

Reaction score
The mind blowing part to me was the 3rd down call where they elected to pass instead of running it on 3rd and 3 when SEA had no TO"s left. I feel the better percentage play was to try and run for 3 yards and kill the clock and THEN kick the FG. Maybe this is why I am not an NFL coach and I just watch on TV?
If you are going to throw there it has to be a very high percentage completion play. Not a 50/50 ball to CD. The clock was the most important factor at that point of the game.

Maybe a WR screen. Something that is going to keep the clock running.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I know you dont want to admit this but the reality is that it is not baffling at all. When the defense knows you cant run it makes it easier for them to stop the pass with the compressed field

Get a real RB and passing windows will open

Its not baffling at all
THANK YOU! Pollard has shown that he's not the bruising back who is going to get those tough yards. He needs a co-pilot like Zek was when he was here to get the tough yardage.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We got away with it last night but you can’t continue to make the dumb penalties we do in the postseason.

The RZ offense is just weird. We could have dropped 50+ on them if we weren’t so feeble inside the 10. Is it Pollard? Who knows. On our first trip inside the 10, the ran him on first down and he had nowhere to go. Is it the OL? Maybe but it’s puzzling how you can’t muster and adequate RZ run game when you have Martin and Tyler and even a healthy Tyron. McCarthy? I have no idea.
Our true G is Martin but we can't do short yardage behind him because he's sandwiched between Biadasz and a poorly playing Steele.

Tyler has been great but he's not a short yardage technician at G.

Pollard isn't a short yardage back and Dowdle is good as a Try Hard but not much more.

They should try Luepke. From his tape, he seems to have very good vision and brings more power.

How often do we pull Martin left? Gets our 3 best olinemen leading the play.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
THANK YOU! Pollard has shown that he's not the bruising back who is going to get those tough yards. He needs a co-pilot like Zek was when he was here to get the tough yardage.
In short yardage, Pollard for going wide, Luepke for going up the middle.

I think Luepke has potential as a short yardage back. Would have preferred a better option, but we don't have one.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yeah, LOL, thats what fans like you said when Emmitt held out
And then suddenly the run blocking improved when he came back
So you are saying the line does well in run blocking then right?

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't. Discipline, structure, integrity, those things can make or break a team. Dressing in a decent manner goes toward self respect which makes one a better teammate.
I didn’t mean flip flops and shorts. I mean descent. I just don’t think they should have to wear a suit. But most do anyways.. If it was me I would prefer to dress sporty nice jeans and and collared shirt with some sweet sneakers. Gotta keep the feet feeling good. My money makers..

glimmerman

Reaction score
In short yardage, Pollard for going wide, Luepke for going up the middle.

I think Luepke has potential as a short yardage back. Would have preferred a better option, but we don't have one.
I thought honestly when we got him it was for that reason. But there is something holding them back from using him. He has 3 totes and 15 yards. But one carry was a TD from the 4 yard line. Something had happened since then. Not sure what but when on your first couple carry’s you get a TD in the red zone then why would that not get your more opportunities. This last game I saw him in the back field at least 4 or 5 times.

visionary

Reaction score
So you are saying the line does well in run blocking then right?
No, I’m saying both OL and RB are issues but people who minimize the importance of a good RB are overblowing how much of an issue OL really is. Also, no better OL were available at the trade deadline but a RB could have been had if our stupid FO had understood this and made the effort

Put Connor or Henry on this team and we would have beaten Philly in their house and would be in line for the 1 seed