Two veterans Dallas should consider bringing in to back up Dak

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hmm, ok? I guess?

you don’t have any basis for your position and despite a lot of information trying to explain it you can’t understand so I’ll leave you to it

Yes, we can't understand your very complex information. That's it exactly. LOL..........

OK then.....

Kwyn

Reaction score
We know one thing......there's a laundry list of Backup QBs still in the league...….that shouldn't be. And some out the league, that can't get a fair shot.
I see what you did there ...

:muttley:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not good enough. We need an All Pro at every position, including backup QB.

Kidding of course, but I'll say this....

If Prescott has to miss a few games and you're rolling with Rush as the fill in, you can write off the season.

They've done it before (BJohnson, Cassel, Weeden).

Youd figure they'd learn but nope.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Not good enough. We need an All Pro at every position, including backup QB.

Kidding of course, but I'll say this....

If Prescott has to miss a few games and you're rolling with Rush as the fill in, you can write off the season.

They've done it before (BJohnson, Cassel, Weeden).

Youd figure they'd learn but nope.
There’s still time. If they get through the draft, including moving up and down, which will change their rookie contract commitment and have money left (they will), you might see a bunch of those unemployed vets get a deal.

We’re on the hook to Rush for 2.1m, which is a decent chunk of change, so it doesn’t look likely that we would pay another backup, but it’s not out of the question

jnday

Reaction score
Rush is the backup. The Joneses like him.
I think Rush is probably much better than he is given credit for by these posters. As it stands, nobody really knows. They can say that he is crap, but they really have no ideal about how good or bad Rush really is. None of us has seen him play enough to know one way or the other.

Swagger

Reaction score
I don't see Hurts lasting until the third round. He will go in the second round imo.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I think Rush is probably much better than he is given credit for by these posters. As it stands, nobody really knows. They can say that he is crap, but they really have no ideal about how good or bad Rush really is. None of us has seen him play enough to know one way or the other.
especially behind the number ones. Dak won't let that happen.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In this thread, yes, Im talking mainly about the backups.

I dont there been competition between Dak and anyone else simply because its hard to imagine a scenario where Dak is on the roster in 2021. Cap is going to nose dive in the current climate. Dallas already has a few high value contracts. Our only option is a QB on a rookie deal. Then throw in Daks contract expectations, the doubts about him and the risk that he wont flourish in a new system etc and the odds are stacked against Dak being here in 2021.

You are going to be one disappointed guy. :flagwave:

Dak isnt going anywhere.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Cole McDonald. Been watching him for three years. I would pass on him. Not very accurate. Got benched quite a bit this past year. Maybe as a 7th rounder or FA.
Thanks for the insight, he looks good in the highlight reels I've watched, but I guess most can look good in those. I was high on him too, but it's it's good to hear from someone that has watched him more consistantly.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that's true but doesn't mean it's smart. In fact, IMO, means they are ridiculously stupid. We went through the season last year with no real backup and we ended up losing to the Eagles in a win or go home game that was there for the taking. I mean, easy win if we just have an average backup QB. But instead, we were more concerned with other things and we ended up 8-8. Not good enough to go to the playoffs and complete for a championship and not bad enough to pick a player early enough in the draft to impact in a big way.

I understand what you are saying but doesn't mean the team is right for taking this approach, in my mind. To me, it's down right dumb. But still, wouldn't surprise me.
That game and another season ending game against the eagles a couple of years ago when we had no chance of making the playoffs were opportunities to see what Rush could do in live action. Wasted chances that the last regine blew.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Agreed, we have really only seen him in pre-season playing with a bunch of scrubs and 2nd or 3rd OL. He actually look good in 2 out of 3 pre-seasons. The one he looked bad in, every QB on the team did too, including Dak. I think that was the year the new Oline coach had brought in a new scheme before he was fired and replaced by Columbo.