Video: Tyler Smith Film Study

rags747

Reaction score
Actually I’m warming up to him, I like mean and nasty. Couldn’t he be plugged in to LG slot?

Gaede

Reaction score
I think every single play he highlighted looked like holding? Obviously, I see the movement and the strength. But he doesn't appear to have any idea what he's doing.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
My guess is if you take him, you plug him at LG with the thought that if you can eventually kick him out to OT, you do.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
You can teach technique. You can’t teach athleticism

True, but I was hoping for a sure bet on day one. This pick has Jerry gambling written all over it.

At one time we had an offensive line that could risk this bet but I don’t think we do anymore.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I know most are destroying this pick but he was going in the 1st round regardless. I think it’s is likely Tennessee was targeting him and when he was drafted they bailed. I don’t love it but the board was pretty much wiped out of are biggest need.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I know most are destroying this pick but he was going in the 1st round regardless. I think it’s is likely Tennessee was targeting him and when he was drafted they bailed. I don’t love it but the board was pretty much wiped out of are biggest need.

Makes me feel a little better. Tennessee has a good eye for offensive line talent, same as ** gasp ** our team has the last decade.

Reactions: BAT

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its hard to sanction the pick with Johnson there, thats my misgiving

Just judging the player, if he can effectively replace Tyron down the line, it would have been a great pick. Looking at the film here, he is hyper aggressive and with his underdeveloped technique that means flags. He will be an interesting guy to watch this season, because if they over coach him to maximize his 2022, that could be as much a negative

DAL1180

Reaction score
Makes me feel a little better. Tennessee has a good eye for offensive line talent, same as ** gasp ** our team has the last decade.
Also while some will scream " REACH" here I notice the Patriots just took Cole Strange in the late 1st who NO ONE had rated in the first round. How does that happen I wonder?