Video: Tyler Smith Film Study

Bigdog

Reaction score
Actually I’m warming up to him, I like mean and nasty. Couldn’t he be plugged in to LG slot?
So am I. He is young and hopefully he can improve. The things I like is his intelligence, aggressive, mauler type attitude along with his pure athleticism.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I think every single play he highlighted looked like holding? Obviously, I see the movement and the strength. But he doesn't appear to have any idea what he's doing.

Tulsa’s not exactly the SEC .
Hopefully Joe Philbin can teach some NFL technique

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Unfortunately this guy has bust written all over him. I can’t see him beating out McGovern at guard and he’s not starter material at tackle right now and may never be.

Reach pick…

jblaze2004

Reaction score
looks like a day 2 pick. But I said the same about the Travis Frederick pick. I hope I am wrong about this also. Dude needs work on his technique asap. Wonder if he can play LG to get his feet wet and help open holes in the run game.

Reactions: BAT

Gaede

Reaction score
Tulsa’s not exactly the SEC .
Hopefully Joe Philbin can teach some NFL technique

We do have a prototype of what they're hoping to get from Smith in Steele. Big, fast, raw. Hopefully he's got the same drive Steele had to improve.

That said, Philbin coached a lousy unit last year, so putting a lot of Smith's development in him is probably not a great idea