Tyler Smith Injury - Update post 41

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Definitely. I was thinking during the game that next year we should kick Tyler out to T and start Bass. We found a gem with him. Props to Jerry on that one.
I think that would be ideal. But I won’t be shocked if they move him to center. He’s really smart, good with technique and he has a much better anchor than biadasz. Biadasz is a free agent I’d let him walk.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Bass can play guard. Season is not over
Yeah it is. Tyron and Zack gimpy, Steele has been bust. No run game. Fergy can be hot at times but Dak and CeeDee can’t do it all. Defense also struggles to shut down if they can’t get that early lead so I would say this is pretty darn critical, I think a lot of people would say he was our best lineman this year all things considered.

Motorola

Reaction score
Well no matter if Philly wins or loses tomorrow, we can still win the division if they lose @Giants in Week 18. Trying to see what times the games are it seems they're all TBD. Bottom line is unless Philly has already won that game there's no way we can sit him unless he just can't go.
Game times for all 16 regular season finales will be revealed after Sunday night's Packers @ Lions game.

What is already predetermined is that two week 18 games will be played on Saturday January 6th (late Saturday afternoon and Saturday night) - most likely involving teams that have already been eliminated from playoff competition.
The obvious one is the Jets @ Patriots- both teams out.
The second one could be Falcons at Saints, if today ATL loses @ CHI and NO is defeated @ TB.

Mcsports

Reaction score
Game times for all 16 regular season finales will be revealed after Sunday night's Packers @ Lions game.

What is already predetermined is that two week 18 games will be played on Saturday January 6th (late Saturday afternoon and Saturday night) - most likely involving teams that have already been eliminated from playoff competition.
The obvious one is the Jets @ Patriots- both teams out.
The second one could be Falcons at Saints, if today ATL loses @ CHI and NO is defeated @ TB.
Dang, the Lions have to swallow that physical loss to Dallas and play again 24 hours later against the Packers……….
Now that would be a difficult schedule.

Motorola

Reaction score
Dang, the Lions have to swallow that physical loss to Dallas and play again 24 hours later against the Packers……….
Now that would be a difficult schedule.
Packers @ Vikings tonight.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Yeah it is. Tyron and Zack gimpy, Steele has been bust. No run game. Fergy can be hot at times but Dak and CeeDee can’t do it all. Defense also struggles to shut down if they can’t get that early lead so I would say this is pretty darn critical, I think a lot of people would say he was our best lineman this year all things considered.

He has definitely been the best OL this year. Period!

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
TJ Bass will do fine. He’s been solid when he’s in. With an offseason in the weight room he’ll be good next season.
Yeah, he was decent last night. And while I realize it's a different position, he played way better than Edoga did at tackle!!

RonWashington

Reaction score
If you watch tape I wonder how Bass graded out . To the naked eye watching Bass he seems much less likely to get pushed around then either of the Willams guards Dallas let leave for free agency recently . Couple Bass with Asim Richards who I would like to see replace Steele maybe Dallas has hit on some young OL depth . And Waletzco is back from injury .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Detroit to its credit smothered the run game and Dak was under pressure all night . The 92 yard bomb to Lamb should have been a safety

RonWashington

Reaction score
If true he will not play next week. Depending on how severe, he might not play the week after either.

Sit him in DC hopefully the Eagles choke the division away and Dallas gets a bye week to heal up the wounded