Tyler Smith Injury - Update post 41

Motorola

Reaction score
Sit him in DC hopefully the Eagles choke the division away and Dallas gets a bye week to heal up the wounded
For the Cowboys to get the bye week, the 49ers would have to lose their last two games in addition to the Eagles losing.

1942willys

Reaction score
Definitely. I was thinking during the game that next year we should kick Tyler out to T and start Bass. We found a gem with him. Props to Jerry on that one.
Props to the scouting staff and Will McClay much more to the point

RonWashington

Reaction score
For the Cowboys to get the bye week, the 49ers would have to lose their last two games in addition to the Eagles losing.

Wouldn’t Dallas if they win the East get the bye with Det & Tampa as division champs having to play WC weekend ?

plymkr

Reaction score
Props to the scouting staff and Will McClay much more to the point
Agreed. I always want to give Jerry some credit since I bash him with every move that doesn’t work out. So I’m trying to be fair. But yes McClay and the scouts have been outstanding. Bass makes up for the Schoonmaker pick. Hopefully Schoonmaker and Mazi improve and then you got Bass which will be 3 solid starters. Really good on McClay and the scouts, with a little love to Jerry since I pathologically bash him. :thumbup:

TheHerd

Reaction score
Wouldn’t Dallas if they win the East get the bye with Det & Tampa as division champs having to play WC weekend ?
Only 1 bye team since they moved to 3 wild cards a few years ago. SF pretty much has that locked up

Motorola

Reaction score
When the NFL added the 7th playoff berth following the 2020-21 regular season, it eliminated the 2nd seed from getting a bye during the wildcard round.
If the Forty-niners win their final two games, they get the bye.
The NFC East winner - be it Dallas or Philadelphia - will host a wildcard game, along with NFC North winner Detroit and (likely to be) NFC South winner Tampa Bay.