Video: Tyler Smith interview after becoming a Cowboy

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
One thing is for sure, he couldn't ask for two better mentors in Tyron Smith and Zack Martin. I'm betting give them a year with this kid and he'll be one of the top guards in the league.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe he'll Larry Allen a few players, when they mess up on the field. I know it was the placeholder, but Jose felt the wrath.

Reactions: BAT

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I'm very hopeful about this pick for one reason. This board doesn't like him. Gives me great hope for the kid. Well done Jerry. I was sincerely worried I'd come here and the posters who comment on this forum would like the pick. Phew. This guy is getting so much hate from the people who think they know football here that I'm actually starting to wonder if he might end up being the greatest draft pick in Cowboy history.

stiletto

Reaction score
Good first impression for sure. There's always hope when they aren't a knucklehead. I am hoping it works out. Still thought he was drafted too high by us but time will tell. They do get OL picks right more than not. Gotta go by history.

coult44

Reaction score
Are you high or jus trying to troll? Micah had one the BEST rookie seasons any rookie has had in quite a long time. If Smith does then I will gladly come back and eat crow.

you're not new around here but it looks like you’ve been missing for a long time. Let me save you from having to figure it out. Risen is 99% sarcastic, and trying to be 100%

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Well, many posters here lame.ted the "softness" of the team. Many called for the team to get some players with a mean streak and a nastiness to them. I would say this guy fills the bill.

He is young, I believe a redshirt sophomore. I think he is the kind of guy that will get better each year. Looking at his rate of improvement after each season in college he may have been a top ten if he remained one year longer.

Smith had two years remaining. Had he stayed for both.....

Good points about his age and moderately likely higher draft grade if he had stayed longer.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I'm very hopeful about this pick for one reason. This board doesn't like him. Gives me great hope for the kid. Well done Jerry. I was sincerely worried I'd come here and the posters who comment on this forum would like the pick. Phew. This guy is getting so much hate from the people who think they know football here that I'm actually starting to wonder if he might end up being the greatest draft pick in Cowboy history.
:hammer:
This kid had a 30 on Wunderlick Test

"Thank You Sir . . . It's an Honour"

Intelligent and well mannered and Young and a Mauler which is what I wanted

Lets Go Cowboys

Most of His holds were because He was man handling guys for too long

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Doesn’t he know there’s 22 positions on a football team?

Well 23 if you count Rowdy.....oh wait, Jerry holds that open for the FBI's witness protection program. Never too proud from making a buck, as Jerry always says.