Tyler Smith is not the next Tyron Smith

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
IMHO this guy will be the next pre-injury Eric Williams. I watched some tape on both and he is more like Eric to me than Smith. He also has that same nasty attitude Williams displayed back in the day. With the same first hard punch Williams killed DE's with. If he can become Big E 2. I'd take this pick as a win. Man. Hate we missed on that Michigan safety that went to Cincy. Seems like I will never get my high pick safety:facepalm: Hopefully though Dallas goes out and gets another Micah type Linebacker a nice receiver and tight end. Also would like a "fatty" Defensive tackle some where in the next 2 days. And after that? I could careless about what the next picks are. Get it done -Jerry:hammer:

conner01

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s the next smith or Williams
But I think he could be a really good guard if he works hard to learn
Smith and Williams were and are technically sound players and this smith is far from that and may never be a tackle. But he might just be a really good guard. He plays with such power and he’s only 21 and Tulsa isn’t an Iowa weight room. He’s gonna get even stronger

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree. In fact, I dont think he belongs at tackle at all. Guard is where we want him. Let him maul defenders and beat them up in a phone booth. I also want him pulling and running over guys. He's athletic .Thats his game. Putting him on an island exposes him. He's a plug and play guard all day.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s the next smith or Williams
But I think he could be a really good guard if he works hard to learn
Smith and Williams were and are technically sound players and this smith is far from that and may never be a tackle. But he might just be a really good guard. He plays with such power and he’s only 21 and Tulsa isn’t an Iowa weight room. He’s gonna get even stronger
Agree.^ He will be a sponge. I like him. He will start at LG day 1 and get better as we go. Leave him at guard and hes fine.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Jerry needs to keep building in the trenches. I want 300 plus on both sides of the ball. Philly with that rookie and Cox will be hard if not impossible to run at. Again, Dallas needs to get bigger upfront on both sides of the ball. Smith was a good start.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
OIP.9eQdO9UpaBlr4z2-9as5bgHaFe
Big E ...blocking Big Reggie...Those were the glory days:yourock:

conner01

Reaction score
Agree.^ He will be a sponge. I like him. He will start at LG day 1 and get better as we go. Leave him at guard and hes fine.
I agree
I don’t know if he can ever be a good tackle but he has the physical tools to be a road grader at guard

lqmac1

Reaction score
The dude is barely 21 years old and hasn’t even entered his prime lol! He’s got an incredibly high ceiling, let’s just chill out with comparisons.

Also, comparisons never actually pan out. Players rarely end up playing like the person they were compared to coming out of college.