Tyler Smith is not the next Tyron Smith

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMHO this guy will be the next pre-injury Eric Williams. I watched some tape on both and he is more like Eric to me than Smith. He also has that same nasty attitude Williams displayed back in the day. With the same first hard punch Williams killed DE's with. If he can become Big E 2. I'd take this pick as a win. Man. Hate we missed on that Michigan safety that went to Cincy. Seems like I will never get my high pick safety:facepalm: Hopefully though Dallas goes out and gets another Micah type Linebacker a nice receiver and tight end. Also would like a "fatty" Defensive tackle some where in the next 2 days. And after that? I could careless about what the next picks are. Get it done -Jerry:hammer:

Nope he's apparently the next Connor Williams.

jnday

Reaction score
OIP.9eQdO9UpaBlr4z2-9as5bgHaFe
Big E ...blocking Big Reggie...Those were the glory days:yourock:
Big E was poetry in motion. As a former offensive lineman, it is a thing of beauty .

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I agree this guys entire career at guard. He has zero tackle ability. And if he finally learns it. We talkin like 4 years from now

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's closer to taco than tyron. Yes I know this will probably change and before he gets his next contract he might be able to start.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I agree. In fact, I dont think he belongs at tackle at all. Guard is where we want him. Let him maul defenders and beat them up in a phone booth. I also want him pulling and running over guys. He's athletic .Thats his game. Putting him on an island exposes him. He's a plug and play guard all day.

Yeah, keep him at LG....none of this position flex crap. That only confuses and delays development of these rookies. Keep Steele at RT alongside Martin since they seemed to work well together. Biadasz needs to improve or get replaced.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure any of us know what is in store for Tyler Smith. Are you hoping for failure?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s the next smith or Williams
But I think he could be a really good guard if he works hard to learn
Smith and Williams were and are technically sound players and this smith is far from that and may never be a tackle. But he might just be a really good guard. He plays with such power and he’s only 21 and Tulsa isn’t an Iowa weight room. He’s gonna get even stronger

He's a really good guard who does indeed offer position flex in a pinch, to allow you to bring less guys.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
IMHO this guy will be the next pre-injury Eric Williams. I watched some tape on both and he is more like Eric to me than Smith. He also has that same nasty attitude Williams displayed back in the day. With the same first hard punch Williams killed DE's with. If he can become Big E 2. I'd take this pick as a win. Man. Hate we missed on that Michigan safety that went to Cincy. Seems like I will never get my high pick safety:facepalm: Hopefully though Dallas goes out and gets another Micah type Linebacker a nice receiver and tight end. Also would like a "fatty" Defensive tackle some where in the next 2 days. And after that? I could careless about what the next picks are. Get it done -Jerry:hammer:
Tyron was a top 10 pick.
Smith was # 24
Expectations should be different

Creeper

Reaction score
I see the similarity to Erik Williams but I don't think he is Erik Williams. He looks like Erik Williams after the car accident because his footwork is not very good right now.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Eric Williams vs Reggie White was the best offensive tackle play I ever seen. Reggie White is considered the best defensive linemen of all time and Williams would hold him to one tackle and no sacks. We would be happy if Tyler is half the player Williams was before the accident.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I was vehemently opposed on draft night. That said, I'm starting to warm up to the pick, especially if he's at guard, I think he could be a top guard. And having him and Zach Martin at guard would be incredibly good. Zeke should be able to get nice runs now.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
was vehemently opposed on draft night. That said, I'm starting to warm up to the pick, especially if he's at guard, I think he could be a top guard. And having him and Zach Martin at guard would be incredibly good. Zeke should be able to get nice runs now.

Welcome to the club, my friend -- often, the initial impressions we get turn out to be a misguided idea, or such.
I've warmed up to him, as well -- it might take a while, but he should turn out great. His attitude is ideal.:thumbup:

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Welcome to the club, my friend -- sometimes, the initial impressions we get turn out to be just a misguided thought or two. I've warmed to him, also.

For me, I wanted Linderbaum or Jermaine Johnson ahead of him. That said, I can see Tyler Smith being an absolute road grader at LG, and having Zach Martin at RG should make for a very nice line. Now if Biadazs can improve his play, we should be in good shape.