Tyler Smith should be starting at LT

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t want to give the impression that it’s giving up on Guyton. I still think Guyton can/will ultimately be good.

But right now:

Tyler smith at LT and Bass at LG. Is better than

Guyton at LT and Smith at LG.

So, if we want to win games right now. That should be the lineup.

mardwin

Reaction score
I don’t want to give the impression that it’s giving up on Guyton. I still think Guyton can/will ultimately be good.

But right now:

Tyler should have been the starting LT 2 years ago after he dominated Nick Bosa in the playoffs.

Guyton shouldn't be this bad as a first round talent, he reminds me of the old Bill Parcells saying, looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I think the biggest issue with the OL is anchoring down the right side... by a mile.

Guyton has been outmatched a few games early on and the penalties are an issue. First NFL snaps were against Garrett. But he'll settle in.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think the biggest issue with the OL is anchoring down the right side... by a mile.

Guyton has been outmatched a few games early on and the penalties are an issue. First NFL snaps were against Garrett. But he'll settle in.

He’s been bad every game. Not just against Garret.

He is not good at all right now.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Tyler should have been the starting LT 2 years ago after he dominated Nick Bosa in the playoffs.

Guyton shouldn't be this bad as a first round talent, he reminds me of the old Bill Parcells saying, looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane.

I liked Tyler a lot at LT. that being said. I get that is he also an amazing guard.

But Guyton was known to be a bit of a project when he was drafted. All the scouts knew he would need time. Planning to use him as day 1 starter was foolish.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
He’s been bad every game. Not just against Garret.

He is not good at all right now.
I think the roundabout point I was trying to make was both tackles are an issue, but I like Guyton more than Steele.

I did enjoy watching the lineup that was out there in the second half do some legit run blocking for once though.

revospeed

Reaction score
I’ve thought he was the best LT on the team since the offseason. I was hoping they’d keep him there.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score

But right now:

Tyler Smith should be starting at LT...Is That You Jerry?

Kingofholland

Reaction score

But right now:

Yeah having Smith out at LT feels a lot more stable than Guyton right now. If Guyton misses time I would hope they would just play Smith there. Guyton has really had some tough matchups to start the season and has had his share of ups and downs.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score

But right now:

Can't lie he looked good at LT just like 2 years ago....

Zman5

Reaction score
Guyton should be used as the swing tackle rest of the season. Have him and Steele fight for the starting RT spot next year since that's the position he played in college.

Soth

Reaction score
I was surprised at the beginning of the season when they said Guyton would start at LT. This is one of the most difficult positions in football. I assumed they would play T Smith here.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This should be the starting O-line alignment:

LT: Tyler Smith
LG: Brock Hoffman
C: Cooper Beebe
RG: Zack Martin
RT: Tyler Guyton (his natural college position)

The thought of allowing guyton to play RT crossed my mind as well.

Steele is a liability. Cowboys really need to look toward replacing him one way or another

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

But right now:

You could be right. Maybe even try Guyton at RT with Steele having issues.