News: Tyler Smith talks the O-Line connection

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The offensive line is about having a connection.

“Five as one,” Tyler said.

And for the two on the left side, the connection isn’t contingent on midseason practices.

Even if Tyron practices or not, Tyler said the duo always sits next to each other in meetings. Every day, every meeting.

“Anytime we have a look on the board, where we need to pass off [a pass rusher] better, or I need to step better, he’s giving me his input,” Tyler said. “He’s like, ‘Hey, I’ll be there. Just punch him and go.’ And it’s so simple, but it translates to the walkthrough and the things we talked about in the morning, we build upon the walkthrough. And after practice, after watching practice, we do another walkthrough in the afternoon. That’s when we clean up those mistakes and perfect things. That’s what really helps us build that camaraderie.”

Tyron participated in walkthroughs before the Eagles game. So even if he wasn’t practicing with pads on, he was building a connection with Tyler that looks natural.

“So even if he’s not practicing one day, because dudes get hurt and dudes go down – sometimes I’m practicing next to Asim [Richards], sometimes I’m practicing next to Chuma [Edoga] – us talking in those meetings before and communicating before and us doing those things in the walkthrough, and taking it seriously, has been really important in us building that rapport.”

Read the rest: https://www.lonestarlive.com/cowboy...ith-in-practice-heres-an-argument-for-it.html

CCBoy

Reaction score
Say anything one likes...there is a lot of talent at the offensive line position. At least this fan is whispering rotten bunch there.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The offensive line is about having a connection.

“Five as one,” Tyler said.

And for the two on the left side, the connection isn’t contingent on midseason practices.

Even if Tyron practices or not, Tyler said the duo always sits next to each other in meetings. Every day, every meeting.

“Anytime we have a look on the board, where we need to pass off [a pass rusher] better, or I need to step better, he’s giving me his input,” Tyler said. “He’s like, ‘Hey, I’ll be there. Just punch him and go.’ And it’s so simple, but it translates to the walkthrough and the things we talked about in the morning, we build upon the walkthrough. And after practice, after watching practice, we do another walkthrough in the afternoon. That’s when we clean up those mistakes and perfect things. That’s what really helps us build that camaraderie.”

Tyron participated in walkthroughs before the Eagles game. So even if he wasn’t practicing with pads on, he was building a connection with Tyler that looks natural.

“So even if he’s not practicing one day, because dudes get hurt and dudes go down – sometimes I’m practicing next to Asim [Richards], sometimes I’m practicing next to Chuma [Edoga] – us talking in those meetings before and communicating before and us doing those things in the walkthrough, and taking it seriously, has been really important in us building that rapport.”

Read the rest: https://www.lonestarlive.com/cowboy...ith-in-practice-heres-an-argument-for-it.html
This is why I'm likely resigning Tyron, especially if the value falls in the $7-6M range as projected below.

https://overthecap.com/player/tyron-smith/663

movaughn88

Reaction score
There is an article on a certain local paper that I don't think I'm allowed to link to but google "untold legend of Tyron Smith's hands" and it is absolutely incredible to read.

I don't think anyone typing on this board can even begin to appreciate the work ethic and physical traits of Tyron, and we somehow found a similar guy in Tyler.

gtb1943

Reaction score
There is an article on a certain local paper that I don't think I'm allowed to link to but google "untold legend of Tyron Smith's hands" and it is absolutely incredible to read.

I don't think anyone typing on this board can even begin to appreciate the work ethic and physical traits of Tyron, and we somehow found a similar guy in Tyler.
Tyron has ALWAYS been a REAL PRO in the best sense of the word