Video: Tyler Smith vs Jalen Carter

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I hate that we handed this guy 87 million and now we are wondering if he will get back to what he was...
Jerry is eager to hand out that type of contract because he thinks it proves how smart he is and he wants to be their friend. No one rewards their own like we do. It costs us each and every year.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly. If you can find a as good / better LT than Tyler in the draft, take him. It won't be easy, but possible. If not, find a top guard and kick Tyler out to LT.

IMO, Tyler is going to be an All-Pro contender no matter where he lines up, so we have the flexibility to find the best T or G in 2024.
:grin:
This is supposed to be a strong OT year. If thats true, even in the late 20's, one should be attainable. Most years I would say kick Tyler OT, because you aren't getting a starting LT in the late 20's.

Im perfectly fine moving Tyler to LT. He's a pro's pro, and I think people are wrong when they say "He can be a solid LT, but an All Pro OG" I think he can be an All Pro LT

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Tyron and Edoga could stay healthy, then Edoga should start somewhere. Maybe at RT, although he is best at OG.
I dont hate the idea of kicking Tyler out to RT if we bench Steele. Honestly the prospect of Smith at RT is intriguing. With the emphasis on pass rush its no longer the red headed step child Tackle position any more. Teams draft RT's like Lane Johnson and keep them at RT these days

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Carter's primary weapon is power. And you aint overpowering Tyler Smith very often. Dude is borderline Larry Allen strong.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I dont hate the idea of kicking Tyler out to RT if we bench Steele. Honestly the prospect of Smith at RT is intriguing. With the emphasis on pass rush its no longer the red headed step child Tackle position any more. Teams draft RT's like Lane Johnson and keep them at RT these days
Steele is not going to get benched. McCarthy will continue to make excuses to save Jerry's face.. The only thing that will keep him out of the lineup is an injury.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
uh, no he is not. Clearly you never saw LA play in his prime. Tyler is strong but LA was unbelievable.
Uh yes he is.. I saw every down of Larry Allen's career including those unfortunate years in San Francisco. Tyler Smith is the first lineman I've seen come into the league in LA's class as far as strength and overall power. He's not there yet but he's still a kid and still growing and filling out. Check back in about 5 years and he might just get there. Tyron's hands and arms are probably as strong or stronger but he doesn't have that powerful frame and base from the middle down that LA and Tyler have.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Uh yes he is.. I saw every down of Larry Allen's career including those unfortunate years in San Francisco. Tyler Smith is the first lineman I've seen come into the league in LA's class as far as strength and overall power. He's not there yet but he's still a kid and still growing and filling out. Check back in about 5 years and he might just get there. Tyron's hands and arms are probably as strong or stronger but he doesn't have that powerful frame and base from the middle down that LA and Tyler have.
Get your eyes checked

Brooksey

Reaction score
Tyler played great and Tyron Smith is still a beast when healthy.

I know people hate the missed games/injuries but re-watch this tape with an eye on Tyron Smith...it's impressive.

plasticman

Reaction score
It's the tackles that keep your quarterbacks alive. The best O-lineman on the team should be protecting Dak's blindside. Tyler should have been the starting LT game #1. Tyron's position should have been no higher than swing tackle. For the second season in a row, no effort was made to adequately replace a departing starter on the O-line.