Tyron “unavailable” Smith hasn’t played a full season for over half a decade

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When McCarthy was asked about Tyron’s injury history yesterday during his presser he said he was confident he could play an entire season. lol

Brax

Reaction score
Stop looking at Dak! Deflect Deflect

We need to replace our 30 year old future HOF tackle b/c ............. Dak needs a HOF caliber LT 17 games to be good. Yeah, then he'll show up in the playoffs.
He had him in the playoffs, didn't help.

Surfguy

Reaction score
Tyron is going to have the best off-season ever and come back refreshed ready to go!

Translation: He's not going to do anything and come into camp way too heavy...out of shape.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Well you can either be consistent with someone like Steele or you can play Tyron when you got him.

The choice is easy.

Now if a option to replace him becomes available then by all means replace him.

Verdict

Reaction score
This man is devastating heart attack that comes and kills all of your OL chemistry every year and gets away with load management so he can rest and collect the game checks.

Have to move on from this guy via a trade.
Time to move on. I’ve been saying this for two years now. It was right two years ago. Nothing has changed my mind on this.

Trade him and get some salvage value out of that contract while you still can. Move on.

Verdict

Reaction score
Well you can either be consistent with someone like Steele or you can play Tyron when you got him.

The choice is easy.

Now if a option to replace him becomes available then by all means replace him.
In the past that meant getting an above average starter when you put in Tyron. That is no longer the case.

vig454

Reaction score
In all these changes , I haven't heard much about getting a good functioning RB . Zeke is over n done with. If his ego would let him be a fullback style player , he'd have some value.

Aven8

Reaction score
Tyron is a tough one. He’s not great anymore but he’s really good still. His contract is dirt cheap too. Needing a LT is a scary proposition. Maybe Bell is a stud? We will see but you have to keep Tyron really because of the Scottie Pippen contract and it’s hard to find one

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
So, Tyron Smith is now our version of Jason Peters. The Eagles held on to Peters two seasons too long. I hope we don't do the same once we see Tyron is breaking down every season.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Yet our weakest area on the Oline is our LG and Center position, cant fix an entire O-line in one season, this is not madden folks.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He had a bad game as well. When healthy he is awesome. He needs a replacement. I hear we have one and another that was injured. I want tackles.