Tyron quietly dominating

Brooksey

Reaction score
I know you always have to worry about injuries, but Tyron has been an absolute eraser these past several weeks, and been pretty good most of the year. Quite a luxury to not have to worry about your blindside, and probably not a coincidence that the offense has taken off recently.
He's the best in the game when he's healthy. Watching him warmup before the Giants game by himself was something, 3-4 hours before kickoff.

The man is a warrior, he's still working hard at his craft.

Loso86

Reaction score
I know you always have to worry about injuries, but Tyron has been an absolute eraser these past several weeks, and been pretty good most of the year. Quite a luxury to not have to worry about your blindside, and probably not a coincidence that the offense has taken off recently.
Not really quiet when he plays he still top 5 LT in the game

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s says something that, when everyone is 100% healthy, Martin isn’t the Cowboys best OL. It’s Tyron, and it’s not even close. When Tyron is healthy and dialed-in, he’s one of the best ever.
And they cloned him. Sure, there's always a little genetic degradation in cloning, but Tyler still has enough Tyron in him to be one of the greats.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He's the best in the game when he's healthy. Watching him warmup before the Giants game by himself was something, 3-4 hours before kickoff.

The man is a warrior, he's still working hard at his craft.
One of the reasons the comments that put him down bug me. I know his health situation can be frustrating, but it's not like he doesn't do all he can to be out there or that he doesn't continue to be one of the best in the game when he is healthy and out there. I know we have to plan for when he can no longer go or decides to call it quits, but I see no reason to knock him when he's giving it his all and his all is very good.

It's kind of like some of the comments made about Sean Lee. Some fans have no class when it comes to players trying to play through injuries that would probably cause most of us to curl up on the couch and hope we heal.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I’m surprised we aren’t able to run left at will with the Smith brothers dominating

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I don't think anyone's questioned whether or not he's still one of the best in the game when he's healthy.

Lets just hope he stays healthy.
Yes, they absolutely have not only questioned, but declared he was washed.

Smith out here making them look foolish

Tussinman

Reaction score
PFF did their update and he's now a full 2 pts above the previous LT leader (Darrisaw).

Hope he stays healthy, another all pro team and day 1 pro bowl selection would probably put him fringe first ballot

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Almost everyone here wanted to get rid of him.

Just insanity.
And the same ones will be saying it again after the next injury that causes him to miss a game. I've said before that I'll take Tyron playing at a high level for 10 games even if he has to miss the others because his body can't hold up for that many anymore. Our failure has more been not preparing better for the games that he misses. We thought we were doing that in drafting Tyler, but the hole at LG has allowed us to see that might be the best spot for Tyler.

I like Asim Richards, but that would not prevent me from drafting another LT in the midrounds to compete with him to be Tyron's successor if Tyron wants to play another year. Keep throwing darts until Tyron calls it quits. If we haven't lucked into a successor by then, either we move Tyler back to tackle or draft a first-round replacement.