Tyron quietly dominating

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I know you always have to worry about injuries, but Tyron has been an absolute eraser these past several weeks, and been pretty good most of the year. Quite a luxury to not have to worry about your blindside, and probably not a coincidence that the offense has taken off recently.
giphy.gif

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Smith is usually dominant when he plays. Problem is he misses way too many games.

Plankton

Reaction score
I think they found the key with him - don’t have him practice, and then he will be available on game days. This year, he has been an absolute eraser at LT. it’s been great to see, and it has allowed Tyler Smith to emerge as an All Pro caliber LG.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I know you always have to worry about injuries, but Tyron has been an absolute eraser these past several weeks, and been pretty good most of the year. Quite a luxury to not have to worry about your blindside, and probably not a coincidence that the offense has taken off recently.
Go check out his link on PFF.
https://www.pff.com/nfl/teams/dallas-cowboys/9/roster

Because they have him rated so highly - 2nd - the links shows his career grades in one chart.

21 and 23 are his 2nd and 4th highest rated years.

Dak, Bland, and Hunter(!) are also rated highly enough at their positions to get the breakdown.

Dak is having his highest rated season by a large margin. To me, he's added back a couple of things from his rookie season. He looks mobile again, and is using it optimally. Using it to pick up easy chunks of yardage and then slide down. And he's using that mobility to roll out left and right to extend plays and throw on the run, something he was just phenomenal at as a rookie.

Our 2nd highest rated WR? Turpin. 3rd is Brooks. Gallup is still meh, but Cooks has really come one in recent weeks.

Bland? #1 CB. But it's not just the pick sixes. 79.2 run defense score. Let's see Prime Time do that!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Much as i love Tyron, i cant put him above Trent Williams who put on a clinic vs Seattle. Guys that size should not have movement skills like that.
The numbers say Williams gets beat more than Tyron. Period. I would also point out that Williams blatantly false starts on passing downs about 90% of the time and the refs let him get away with it. He loses points in my book just for being a cheater.

conner01

Reaction score
Smith is usually dominant when he plays. Problem is he misses way too many games.
That’s not uncommon for a LT. Trent Williams has missed a ton of games. But they are so good it’s worth it to keep them because they dominate when they are healthy