Twitter: Tyron ruled out for Sunday night

Tussinman

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think he'll be back next year. He just can't stay healthy and we need someone who is available.
If he was having back/neck pain I would agree but since the surgery worked he'll 100% try to finish his contract

The injury he had this year (2 players landing on not only his ankle but the same one twice) is more of bad luck more so then "oh he's done he needs to quit"

Sydla

Reaction score
People laughed when I said it might be time to start thinking beyond Smith at LT. He’s an injury risk and we need better options behind him as you can’t count on him game to game.

Tussinman

Reaction score
He’s still good when he’s available.
Agreed. I called this back in the Spring. I said all the people saying "we need to cut him" "Jerry keeps his friends too long", "backs never get better" where all going to get butthurt when he comes back this year and makes both pro bowl and NFL top 100.

There now complaining about his health when literally his own teammates injured him....... (yeah it's Tyrons fault that 2 different players crashed into same ankle)

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Tyron has not had issues with his back/neck since the surgery. He got rolled up on twice and has bone spurs.

The bone spurs can be fixed with offseason surgery. For his salary cal hit— he might the best value for his position in the entire league.

Draft his replacement. Develop Steele and Ball. But the calls to trade or cut him are crazy IMO

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Just keep him rested for the playoffs at this point. Just cross your fingers if the Cowboys go far in the playoffs he can stay healthy. How much longer can the Cowboys cross their fingers with him? Need to draft his replacement and be ready to take over in the next few years. Whoever it is would get some playing time while he groomed.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Josh Ball is his replacement and Matt Farniok is Zack Martin's replacement.

I know you are being sarcastic… but I still went “eesh” when I read it lol

giphy.gif

Tussinman

Reaction score
Tyron has not had issues with his back/neck since the surgery. He got rolled up on twice and has bone spurs.

The bone spurs can be fixed with offseason surgery. For his salary cal hit— he might the best value for his position in the entire league.

Draft his replacement. Develop Steele and Ball. But the calls to trade or cut him are crazy IMO
Agreed. His cap his this year is 7.3 million.

Just to put that into prespective the last 2 LT deals (Ronnie Stanley and David Bakirati) where nearly 25 million dollars a year and both of them have played a combined ONE game this year....... (no that's not a typo, 1 freaking game combined).

Literally nobody in the league is going to feel bad for us getting 800 snaps a year out of an elite LT for less than 10 million.