Twitter: Tyron ruled out for Sunday night

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Agreed. His cap his this year is 7.3 million.

Just to put that into prespective the last 2 LT deals (Ronnie Stanley and David Bakirati) where nearly 25 million dollars a year and both of them have played a combined ONE game this year....... (no that's not a typo, 1 freaking game combined).

Literally nobody in the league is going to feel bad for us getting 800 snaps a year out of an elite LT for less than 10 million.

The only people feeling bad are some entitled Dallas Cowboys fans who don’t know how good we have it with Tyron lol…

Carson

Reaction score
People laughed when I said it might be time to start thinking beyond Smith at LT. He’s an injury risk and we need better options behind him as you can’t count on him game to game.
No LT would be able to play the way he was rolled up on twice this season

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is what happens, right after Tyron claims that he's healthy. Regardless of what he says, he's still one and the same limited fellow that we've been seeing for the last few years. 2022 might well be the best time for him to either retire or take a back seat to a viable replacement. Surely, he's been a blessing while he's lasted but all good things come to an end. A promising replacement must wisely be positioned and trained to take his place.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Just to put that into prespective the last 2 LT deals (Ronnie Stanley and David Bakirati) where nearly 25 million dollars a year and both of them have played a combined ONE game this year....... (no that's not a typo, 1 freaking game combined).

Literally nobody in the league is going to feel bad for us getting 800 snaps a year out of an elite LT for less than 10 million.

It was shocking that GB gave Bakhtiari 23M per. He was often injured before getting the contract.

The cost to keep Tyron in 2022 is 13.5M.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People laughed when I said it might be time to start thinking beyond Smith at LT. He’s an injury risk and we need better options behind him as you can’t count on him game to game.
If somebody laughed, it was not one of the 1000 people that created threads over the past few years about needing a replacement for Tyron.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unfortunately, I don't think he'll be back next year. He just can't stay healthy and we need someone who is available.
Unfortunately, they think he will be back which is why he's still on the team when he's been MIA too much over the last few seasons. He is totally undependable as a player.

But this is the team that did the same with Sean Lee so the pattern is there.

Praxit

Reaction score
It was shocking that GB gave Bakhtiari 23M per. He was often injured before getting the contract.

The cost to keep Tyron in 2022 is 13.5M.
..wow, maybe The Jones and MM find ways to part with him. Save some cash and hope for replacement.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yep, I admit I was one of them. Until this week. They made it sound like a minor injury, then tape it and play.

blueblood70

Reaction score

100% TY.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
at this point with the playoffs locked in, the east is gonna happen with or without Tyron.. they are simply resting him to help him get 100%.

We already dominated them without Tyron, im sure we can beat them again, and if we dont, it wont be because we are missing one left tackle. Its all about the playoffs at this point, and we need to be healthy.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Whatever play the Cowboys get from Tyron Smith going forward is gravy. Glad when he is out there but no surprise when he is in the tub again or on the bench pulling splinters. Just a big whatever at this point.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

I say this from the heart. F$&@ Tyron . As far as I’m concerned, he’s not a cowboy. We can’t rely on him and should proceed like hell never play again. If he does, great, but I don’t expect it. He reminds me of me at if my co workers. I don’t support or rely on anyone who consistently missed Games for whatever reason.
I view him like the fred Taylor from the jags.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Freaking McGovern actually tripped him, then fell on that ankle.

Did anyone really see that play?

After watching Clay Shiver and Cory Proctor I really didn't think I could see worse OL play until he showed up.