Twitter: Tyron Smith added to injury report

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I'm amazed at the flacid minds that post THEIR OPEN OPINIONS about how LESS THAN everyone else is. How uncivilized everyone else's position is. How everyone else's communication is toxic because it doesn't go according to their narrative. On an open sports forum.

Wow. Mommy taught some folks they can control everything. It doesn't work that way in the real world where people are free to express themselves. If you can't handle that go join a congregation or a fan club. Not an open message forum.

That's not me telling anyone where to go, that's just free advice to avoid frustration and wilting.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
How does a ankle injury not happen if Tyron plays in the preseason? :huh:
Actually maybe it doesn't happen. I mean, by your logic, don't practice because that's how Tyron and Tyler got hurt. Really?

This is not logic, just what-ifs. My point is that preseason reps get that exposed in less hostile conditions. Injuries can't be predicted, but it's better to get a sense of who is full-go and who is not. THAT is when most sports injuries happen for weekend warriors...take a month off and then go back to the gym as if nothing happened. Something breaks. The same is true about football players who are older. But if they are slowly brought up to game speed, less so.

Preseason wasn't about ticket sales at first...it was about evaluations and putting out a better product when there were only 12 games. Well, I get now that there's 17 you don't want to play your guys in preseason. But I go back to the Tuna who said - to Darren Woodson I might add - "at some point in time you have to show me you can still do it". Well, if that only happens in camp against your own guys...it's not a full evaluation.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Actually maybe it doesn't happen. I mean, by your logic, don't practice because that's how Tyron and Tyler got hurt. Really?

This is not logic, just what-ifs. My point is that preseason reps get that exposed in less hostile conditions. Injuries can't be predicted, but it's better to get a sense of who is full-go and who is not. THAT is when most sports injuries happen for weekend warriors...take a month off and then go back to the gym as if nothing happened. Something breaks. The same is true about football players who are older. But if they are slowly brought up to game speed, less so.

Preseason wasn't about ticket sales at first...it was about evaluations and putting out a better product when there were only 12 games. Well, I get now that there's 17 you don't want to play your guys in preseason. But I go back to the Tuna who said - to Darren Woodson I might add - "at some point in time you have to show me you can still do it". Well, if that only happens in camp against your own guys...it's not a full evaluation.
There is no offensive linemen with Tyron’s experience playing in preseason game. Does not matter if it is Cowboys or the Chiefs. Get a clue.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
This place has gotten toxic as hell. It’s not even worth coming here for updates anymore. So many disrespectful “hot takes” from fake fans. Tyron Smith is one of the best to ever play for this franchise and so-called fans feel like they have the right to complain about him and everything else they don’t like about the team under the guise of “free speech” and “telling it like it is”. It’s unbearable.

This place used to be my refuge. It’s different now and that makes me sad. But no I’m not going anywhere. Kick rocks if you even think about typing that nonsense.
The fans are right to be upset. We're not the ones who went 4 1/2 deep on the offensive line and thought that was going to be good enough.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
There is no offensive linemen with Tyron’s experience playing in preseason game. Does not matter if it is Cowboys or the Chiefs. Get a clue.
Experience, Tyron has more experience on the injured list over the last 7 years than actual games played...He's played 17 games in the last three years....You'll see more injuries during the first three weeks of the season because players aren't in full football condition because during the week there's only one padded practice, it's no matter why the games are terrible to watch today..

OGSixshooter

Reaction score

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yep, so disrespected around hear by the basement dwellers. Here's a fun rep from that game

LOL.. a 170 million dollar guy getting punked by a guy playing right tackle for the first time in 12 years.. Absolutely hilarious. Thanks for that!!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the flacid minds that post THEIR OPEN OPINIONS about how LESS THAN everyone else is. How uncivilized everyone else's position is. How everyone else's communication is toxic because it doesn't go according to their narrative. On an open sports forum.

Wow. Mommy taught some folks they can control everything. It doesn't work that way in the real world where people are free to express themselves. If you can't handle that go join a congregation or a fan club. Not an open message forum.

That's not me telling anyone where to go, that's just free advice to avoid frustration and wilting.
Sure about that?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
This makes no sense.
Injures happen no matter when but you know what makes no sense, 17 games played in the last three years from Tyron because he can't stay healthy because he doesn't get enough reps to be in football condition because the Cowboys brain trust is keeping him in bubble wrap is going to help him, it doesn't!.....there's a reason why Jimmy's teams and Parcells teams were in better condition, they knew repeated reps were to get the team in FOOTBALL CONDITION for the season.. watch how many injuries occur in the first three weeks of the season every year on teams..These players are barely in pads today prior to the season...

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Experience, Tyron has more experience on the injured list over the last 7 years than actual games played...He's played 17 games in the last three years...
That's nuts! What's truly insane though is a GM that plans on him being the starter. I love the player, but he simply cannot be counted on at this point in his career.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Injures happen no matter when but you know what makes no sense, 17 games played in the last three years from Tyron because he can't stay healthy because he doesn't get enough reps to be in football condition because the Cowboys brain trust is keeping him in bubble wrap is going to help him, it doesn't!.....there's a reason why Jimmy's teams and Parcells teams were in better condition, they knew repeated reps were to get the team in FOOTBALL CONDITION for the season.. watch how many injuries occur in the first three weeks of the season every year on teams..These players are barely in pads today prior to the season...

While I agree that those teams practiced harder and were tougher the simple fact of the matter is teams are not allowed to push players to that level anymore. The whole damn league has gotten soft when it comes to practicing and getting ready to play football. I think actually IS something to the fact that more football action might help prevent some of these soft tissue and other "clumsiness" injuries because tougher more physical practice as well as SOME game action prepares the mind and body for the rigors of NFL football way better than "mental reps." But NFLPA shot itself in the foot by demanding fewer practices and lighter workloads. The net result is more guys going down with weak arse injuries oftentimes not even being touched and when they do they have to be replaced and their paychecks start going to somebody else.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It took a little longer than I expected, but we all knew it was coming. We’ve been bubble wrapping players all summer and already have a couple of injuries on the OL only a few days before the opener.

chagus

Reaction score
Well... this is definitely his last season as a starter IF the injury is severe OR we are blowing it out of proportion which could be a possibility.
Regardless, O-line and LB should be next draft priority.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It took a little longer than I expected, but we all knew it was coming. We’ve been bubble wrapping players all summer and already have a couple of injuries on the OL and they haven’t even played a game yet.
To be fair these little bumps and bruises like the ones to Tyler and Tyron would not have even been reported back in the day. Because short of putting them in a cast there was no way anybody was going to stop these guys from playing. And sometimes even putting them in a cast didn't stop them.