Twitter: Tyron Smith and Zack Martin status of game is uncertain

tayloner

Reaction score
My understanding of the playoff scenarios are that the Eagles have to lose at least 1 of their 3 games (Giants, Cardinals, Giants) and if they do, it doesn't matter if we lose to the Dolphins as long as we beat the Lions (NFC team) and Commanders (division team), we'd get the tiebreak at that point.

That's all a roundabout way of saying, there is a high likelihood that the result of this Dolphins game doesn't actually matter for playoff seeding. To that end, should we consider resting Smith and Martin regardless of whether they are healthy enough to actually go? I still believe winning and giving our best effort out there is important just for team morale, etc., coming off the Bills butt whooping. But if sitting these two means a greater chance of them being healthy for the upcoming games that matter, seems like a wise decision.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
You just knew Tyron would show up on the injury report sooner or later. He was playing solid and had a good stretch of games played but it was just a matter of time. Keep crossing your fingers on him.

1942willys

Reaction score
It is what it is.
Frankly to look at the playoff scenarios we are rather unlikely to win the division baring a complete birds collapse.
So gambling and letting both Tyron and Zach rest might be the better long term strategy

Carson

Reaction score
You know. I know. The liquor store guy knows. Smith and Martin aren’t playing

Tussinman

Reaction score
Tyron and Zack have both started over 150 games so the end will come soon enough. I don't think Tyler B will be resigned so I would expect them to go heavy on o-line and linebacker in next year's draft.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
My understanding of the playoff scenarios are that the Eagles have to lose at least 1 of their 3 games (Giants, Cardinals, Giants) and if they do, it doesn't matter if we lose to the Dolphins as long as we beat the Lions (NFC team) and Commanders (division team), we'd get the tiebreak at that point.

That's all a roundabout way of saying, there is a high likelihood that the result of this Dolphins game doesn't actually matter for playoff seeding. To that end, should we consider resting Smith and Martin regardless of whether they are healthy enough to actually go? I still believe winning and giving our best effort out there is important just for team morale, etc., coming off the Bills butt whooping. But if sitting these two means a greater chance of them being healthy for the upcoming games that matter, seems like a wise decision.
If the Eagles lost to the Cardinals while we lost to the Dolphins and both finished 12-5, then we'd lose the division because of it. If we win out, then any loss by the Eagles would give us the division title.

I tend to agree that the likelihood of the Eagles losing to the Cards is not high, so if we need to rest any players, this is probably the time to do it. Then, if the Eagles do lose one of their two against the Giants, we can still take the division.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Tyron and Zack have both started over 150 games so the end will come soon enough. I don't think Tyler B will be resigned so I would expect them to go heavy on o-line and linebacker in next year's draft.
Biadasz gonna get paid.

shabazz

Reaction score
Miami has 4 of their 5 oline guys injured so it should be a push when comparing both offensive lines......our Dline should be able to feast

silvernblu

Reaction score

Incorrect. Common opponents come before conference.

Mark

Reaction score
It is what it is.
Frankly to look at the playoff scenarios we are rather unlikely to win the division baring a complete birds collapse.
The Eagles ARE in the midst of a "complete collapse."

One which, thus far, we have been totally incapable of exploiting.