Twitter: Tyron Smith and Zack Martin status of game is uncertain

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Tyron and Zack have both started over 150 games so the end will come soon enough. I don't think Tyler B will be resigned so I would expect them to go heavy on o-line and linebacker in next year's draft.
I think the players already acquired are being looked at to shore up the line to a large degree so Center would be the position I would most likely see them draft as i don't know that we have anyone who has shown they can step in there.

tayloner

Reaction score
If the Eagles lost to the Cardinals while we lost to the Dolphins and both finished 12-5, then we'd lose the division because of it. If we win out, then any loss by the Eagles would give us the division title.

I tend to agree that the likelihood of the Eagles losing to the Cards is not high, so if we need to rest any players, this is probably the time to do it. Then, if the Eagles do lose one of their two against the Giants, we can still take the division.
When I build out that scenario in ESPN's playoff generator, us losing to the Dolphins but beating Lions and Commanders as well as Eagles beating Giants twice but losing to Cardinals, it says we get the tiebreaker with both of us at 12-5. I think we'd have the conference record tiebreaker at that point, us at 9-3 and Eagles 8-4 (common opponents still tied I believe). It really seems like there are not many (if any) scenarios where this Dolphins game makes a difference one way or the other in terms of seeding.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
When I build out that scenario in ESPN's playoff generator, us losing to the Dolphins but beating Lions and Commanders as well as Eagles beating Giants twice but losing to Cardinals, it says we get the tiebreaker with both of us at 12-5. I think we'd have the conference record tiebreaker at that point, us at 9-3 and Eagles 8-4 (common opponents still tied I believe). It really seems like there are not many (if any) scenarios where this Dolphins game makes a difference one way or the other in terms of seeding.
I guess we would since we would have lost only to the Cardinals and 49ers in the NFC while they would have lost to the 49ers, Seahawks and Cardinals. Common opponents difference would be us losing to the Bills and Dolphins and them losing to the Seahawks and Jets (since we would have both lost to the 49ers and Cardinals, along with each other), so that is even, but conference record is ahead of that one..

If we beat the Dolphins, but lose to the Lions (while the Eagles lose to the Cards), we'd be tied for conference record and common opponents, so it would come down to strength of victory.

I won't be surprised if we lose one more and if this is the game that we lose since it's a strong team and it's tougher to win on the road. I just hope the Eagles fall to either the Giants or the Cards if we do ... we need it to happen anyway or we lose on the common opponents tiebreaker.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Incorrect. Common opponents come before conference.
Common opponents would be tied. We would have lost to the Cardinals, 49ers, Bills and Dolphins. They would have lost to the Jets, 49ers, Seahawks and Cardinals. If they lose to the Giants, then we have a better division record unless we lose to the Commanders.

rambo2

Reaction score
The Eagles ARE in the midst of a "complete collapse."

One which, thus far, we have been totally incapable of exploiting.
Cowboys going 2 and 1 could very well give them the 2 spot.

bigE79

Reaction score
Common opponents would be tied. We would have lost to the Cardinals, 49ers, Bills and Dolphins. They would have lost to the Jets, 49ers, Seahawks and Cardinals. If they lose to the Giants, then we have a better division record unless we lose to the Commanders.
If dak doesn't step out of bounds and we beat the eagles,none of this other crap would have mattered, we'd be one game up and not have to depend on anyone but ourselves.forget our other losses, that one stupid play screwed us.

rambo2

Reaction score
If dak doesn't step out of bounds and we beat the eagles,none of this other crap would have mattered, we'd be one game up and not have to depend on anyone but ourselves.forget our other losses, that one stupid play screwed us.
It was more of Dak being knocked out of bounds. The Eagles pretty much have to go 3 and 0 while the Cowboys can go 2 and 1 and get the 2 if the Eagles go 2 and 1.

silvernblu

Reaction score
You’re right. But only losing to Cardinals means we tie on conference and lose on strength of victory. It’s Giants or bust if we lose to Miami.

gimmesix

Reaction score
You’re right. But only losing to Cardinals means we tie on conference and lose on strength of victory. It’s Giants or bust if we lose to Miami.
Common opponents would be a tie, but we'd have a better conference record. We would have lost in conference to the Cards, 49ers and Eagles. The Eagles would have lost in conference to us, the 49ers, the Cardinals and the Seahawks. Their only loss out of conference would be to the Jets, while we would have lost to the Bills and Dolphins.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Common opponents would be a tie, but we'd have a better conference record. We would have lost in conference to the Cards, 49ers and Eagles. The Eagles would have lost in conference to us, the 49ers, the Cardinals and the Seahawks. Their only loss out of conference would be to the Jets, while we would have lost to the Bills and Dolphins.
You are right again.