Tyron Smith didn't have a high ankle sprain **merged**

GMO415

Reaction score
https://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports...inally-thought-sources-say/?utm_source=pushly

Update (Sept. 30, 1:58 p.m.): The Cowboys received a little good news after some worrisome results Sunday night in New Orleans.

After having his ankle rolled up on by Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott, sources tell SportsDay's Calvin Watkins that left tackle Tyron Smith's high-ankle sprain should not be as serious as originally thought.

Calvin Watkins

"Multiple sources tell @dmn_cowboys Tyron Smith’s high-ankle sprain is not as serious as originally thought. It could be a week to week type of deal."

The injury could be dealt with on a week-by-week basis moving forward.

The Cowboys face the Green Bay Packers at home next Sunday. Should Smith not be ready to return to action, Cam Fleming -- who replaced him against the Saints -- could be in line for a start.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Looks like he's definitely out for Green Bay.

They added a couple of nice pass rushers in free agency, Preston Smith and Za'Darius Smith. Will be a test for Cameron Fleming. May see a lot of Jason Witten having to help.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Wait. Let's me get this.

IT IS NOT GOING TO MATTER WITH GARRETT STILL COACHING THIS TEAM.

Ok, now all you Garrett haters don't have to post this and won't have to hijack another thread and the rest of us can go back to having an informative board.

Aven8

Reaction score
Sounds like the same report that said Xavier was out 4-6 and he just played last night.

cern

Reaction score
i'm not a medical doctor. I trust the medical staff and trainers to know when he's ready to play again. hope it's sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Cowboys doctors doing their best to keep players on the field..

That looker like a busted knee. They say a high ankle sprain? I wouldn't be surprised to see him back one game and get hurt again.

That did not look like a high ankle sprain at all.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I would actually rather a loss and Smith coming back in a week then a win and hes out for 6 weeks. Ill take it.
We all will take a week-to-week good news concerning Tyron, but...are you saying you expect a loss against GB?

Tussinman

Reaction score
Luckily with the bye week even if it was worst he could miss 3 games but get 5 weeks of rest (we play the Giants 5 weeks from today).

Tyron is so damn tough (plus he's having a great season so far) so I would not be surprised to see him out there against the Eagles before the bye

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
so make 2 potential holes to fix one. Collins has been playing very well at RT so now move him to left hoping to shore that up, move Williams to fill the hole at RT, and then slide one of the back ups into the LOG.

They actually practiced this in the offseason because this team values "Position flex." Connor Williams got reps at RT in the offseason, everything else has already been done.

cowboyec

Reaction score
PTL its not as serious as thought.

but what the hell does "week to week type deal" mean......is this one of those "mostly sunny to partly cloudy......partly sunny to mostly cloudy" super positive type forcasts???

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Unfortunately will miss him for the Packers game. Maybe sit him for the Jets and have him ready for Philly. He has been killing it this year. Probably Dallas' second most valuable player.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Unfortunately will miss him for the Packers game. Maybe sit him for the Jets and have him ready for Philly. He has been killing it this year. Probably Dallas' second most valuable player.

I say sit him for two weeks. The Philly game will be very important in the NFC East race. But depending on how Cameron Fleming is playing Dallas could choose to play it safe with Smith and wait until after the bye to play him again.

scottsp

Reaction score
If the reporting is accurate, this is really fortunate considering that the injury appeared to be quite nasty.

Tussinman

Reaction score
He's having a damn good year. Was voted the #1 performer in training camp too (alot of hype on him after a slow start last year but strong finish).

That's a good thing but i bet he still misses 2-3 games which is better than the 4-6 he could have missed
With the bye week plus him getting hurt at the end of the game versus a practice before the packers game,4-6 games missing was unlikely. (the giants game is 5 weeks from today and would only require missing 3 total games)