Tyron Smith Leaves FA or Draft

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Tyron Smith IOP has limited Dallas in the running game as they tried to protect him from recurring injuries.

Dallas has a couple of options in the draft at 24 but certainly nothing as good as Tyler Smith.

However, if Dallas wants to have some grit and toughness for the playoffs and keep Tyler at guard, I would like at
Mekhi Becton 6'7 360 (drafted 11 in 2020) and healthy for the first time. He had some games against Philly that remind you of
Eric Williams with brute force in the passing and run-blocking game. The arrow is up for him in the right environment.

OT Becton OG Tyler C Draft 1-24: Powers-Johnson OG Zack OT Steele

All in FA = RB Derrick Henry, Becton OT, DT Grover Stewart

Draft
1 - 24 C Power-Johnson 6'3 320
2 - 56 LB Payton Wilson 6'4 235

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I very much doubt he leaves unless he wants to. His cap hit isn't prohibitive and savings from cutting him are minimal. However it'd be foolish not to be looking to get his replacement since the FO apparently feels Tyler Smith is a Guard despite looking really good at LT previously. They should look to the draft although I'd imagine C is higher priority.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Till I see them draft an OT in FA, I am going with the kid from Washington OT in the draft or Center. Now if get an OT in FA, then for sure draft a center with the 24th pick.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Till I see them draft an OT in FA, I am going with the kid from Washington OT in the draft or Center. Now if get an OT in FA, then for sure draft a center with the 24th pick.
Easier to give TBiadasz a new deal.

We need to draft RB in the first.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Tyron Smith IOP has limited Dallas in the running game as they tried to protect him from recurring injuries.

Dallas has a couple of options in the draft at 24 but certainly nothing as good as Tyler Smith.

However, if Dallas wants to have some grit and toughness for the playoffs and keep Tyler at guard, I would like at
Mekhi Becton 6'7 360 (drafted 11 in 2020) and healthy for the first time. He had some games against Philly that remind you of
Eric Williams with brute force in the passing and run-blocking game. The arrow is up for him in the right environment.

Draft
Mekhi Becton PFF 2023
Overall Grade 53.2
Penalties 18 (2nd highest)
Sacks allowed 12 (T 1st highest)

Come on man..Do better than that..

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Mekhi Becton PFF 2023
Overall Grade 53.2

Lol, all we need is another out of control penalty OL, been our problem since the Flozell Adams days.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Mekhi Becton PFF 2023
Overall Grade 53.2

There are a number factors that contributed to the results coming back from injury in 2022 and switching to from RT to LT mid season. You have to see the potential of what Becton is capable of based on 2020. A one year deal to put it together and after getting healthy is a Jerry gamble.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Draft
Becton also struggled badly with durability and is more of an average right tackle. He is more like Leonard Davis than he is like Eric Williams. Hard pass for me

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Becton also struggled badly with durability and is more of an average right tackle. He is more like Leonard Davis than he is like Eric Williams. Hard pass for me
I understand. I think he is worth a one year contract at 12-13 million and give him a shot. PFF ranked him 11th in pass blocking his rookie year. Guy has incredible tools. Watch some highlights.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I very much doubt he leaves unless he wants to. His cap hit isn't prohibitive and savings from cutting him are minimal. However it'd be foolish not to be looking to get his replacement since the FO apparently feels Tyler Smith is a Guard despite looking really good at LT previously. They should look to the draft although I'd imagine C is higher priority.
Draft or trade or free agent a good one and let Tyron Smith be a backup where he could stay healthy enough to help if called upon.

khiladi

Reaction score
Tyron Smith can sign a HUGE one year deal on a contender. He’s not going to back-up anybody or be cheap. Von Miller got paid and had little impact as far as I know relative to how much he got paid, definitely not even close to as impactful as Smith was at LT.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Draft
Love both pics!!!!!