Tyron Smith Leaves FA or Draft

zerofill

Reaction score
Jimmy built a defense when there was no salary cap. Different era...Can't compare the two..
I've said that on here already many times...
Doesn't take away from the fact that Jerry will sink all his cap into a handful of players.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Becton has been a flop in New York and he is injured a lot. Why replace Tyron with another guy with a history of injuries - and who isn't that good to begin with? This draft is deep in OTs. If they let Tyron go, then their best option is to draft a new LT knowing there will be growing pains. Or they can move Tyler outside and draft an interior lineman who can start day one at LG.

I still think defense is the priority, even if they have to play Bass at LG next year.
The strategy would be to get Becton in to compete at LT and if he is not better after 2 years from a major leg injury kick Tyler to LT and Becton to LG.
Honestly Tyron is still very good in pass protection. However he is part of a systemic problem in the running game. He limits the run package and is not part of increasing the grit needed for West Coast blocking.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Becton has been a flop in New York and he is injured a lot. Why replace Tyron with another guy with a history of injuries - and who isn't that good to begin with? This draft is deep in OTs. If they let Tyron go, then their best option is to draft a new LT knowing there will be growing pains. Or they can move Tyler outside and draft an interior lineman who can start day one at LG.

I still think defense is the priority, even if they have to play Bass at LG next year.
I agree. For a #11, Jets will cut bait.

I think you have to consider the time for the leg injury and Jets overall situation. I think Becton 2 years removed from injury can be good and improve with the veterans on Dallas’ Oline.

For Dallas, Tyron has played half the games in 3 seasons. He is very good in pass protection but it clear Dallas limits the running package to protect him and there is not much down hill blocking there.

You give Becton a shot at LT. Kick him to LG if he still has psss protection issues. Let Tyler go to LT.
Joe Morgan or whoever you go to at 24 is not going to be better than that scenario. Then you can still draft a center or BPA.