Twitter: Tyron Smith MRI on neck

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I hate clicking into the Zone to see one of these mid~week breaking news or injury update threads. Never know what I’m going to see.

This bye week is perfect timing. Diggs and even Zeke getting torn up too. I hope they can make it through the 17 game season without too much wear and tear. Homefield advantage with a bye week never looked better in these longer seasons.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Precautionary. 100 million plus LT says. My neck I had surgery on last year is a little sore. JJ and everyone including his family that’s tried over and over to extort money from him says do a MRI. I feel almost bad for him. He hooked up his family and if the checks slow down they tried to extort money from him. Has a girlfriend.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Lael Collins to LT (he's a southpaw) while Steele remains at RT ?
i really believe working next to perennial Zack Martin works much better for Steele, than working next to Conner WIlliams.

Smith is what makes Connor good, Watch how sorry he gets once Smith is gone:facepalm:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys EXCLUSIVE: Team's Take on Tyron Smith Following MRI on Neck

"He's planning on playing on Sunday,'' a source tells CowboysSI.com

MIKE FISHER
SI.COM

Sources now tell CowboysSI.com that while (as of 7:42 p.m. Thursday) the team does not yet have the MRI results, the medical staff has a positive feeling about what the MRI will show, and has a positive feeling about Smith's availability this week and going forward.

"He's planning on playing on Sunday,'' a source told CowboysSI.com.

As noted earlier on Thursday, the "concern level'' always exists any time a player is driven toward getting an MRI. But one source tells CowboysSI.com that this neck issue - whatever it is - "falls into the category of 'manageable.'''

"We fully expect it to be manageable,'' a source said.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don’t believe Ball played in any preseason games. But If he did play, it was very little. He has had a sprained ankle for at least 8 weeks.

Ball was not a reach in the 4th round. He was a supposed 2nd round talent who fell to an off field issue.

He went to Marshall.

My initial impression of him was that he needed to get stronger like most rookie OL. It looked to me like he wasn’t carrying enough weight and strength in the lower region yet. But he looked like he had good mobility for his size.
and so you are ok, with us trading collins, chance smith getting injured and have ball or Nsekhe play the LT spot....oooookkkk then:facepalm:

Reactions: BAT

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Well both Werder and Fisher are now saying the "expectation" is that Smith plays Sunday. Let's hope they're right.

Getting an MRI out of an abundance of caution makes sense considering Smith's history. If he never had any neck problems in the past the MRI probably wouldn't have been ordered.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
In the era before social media, news of Smith's MRI wouldn't have become known until after the team got the results. Just saying.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
“Manageable “ and precautionary are 2 different things in my opinion. Manageable means in a pain threshold thing and could get worse. Neither are that encouraging. idk we need all the help we can get in all these games but with the bye next week if they wanted to give him this week off and then the bye - I wouldn’t be totally against it.

we need tyron.

Reactions: BAT