Twitter: Tyron Smith MRI on neck

RS12

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys EXCLUSIVE: Team's Take on Tyron Smith Following MRI on Neck

"He's planning on playing on Sunday,'' a source tells CowboysSI.com

MIKE FISHER
SI.COM

Sources now tell CowboysSI.com that while (as of 7:42 p.m. Thursday) the team does not yet have the MRI results, the medical staff has a positive feeling about what the MRI will show, and has a positive feeling about Smith's availability this week and going forward.

"He's planning on playing on Sunday,'' a source told CowboysSI.com.

As noted earlier on Thursday, the "concern level'' always exists any time a player is driven toward getting an MRI. But one source tells CowboysSI.com that this neck issue - whatever it is - "falls into the category of 'manageable.'''

"We fully expect it to be manageable,'' a source said.
I don't get why now he has neck issue which is manageable when he just had surgery and the better part of a season off to fix it and no longer need to manage it.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I don't get why now he has neck issue which is manageable when he just had surgery and the better part of a season off to fix it and no longer need to manage it.

Neck surgies take awhile to heal.

I had ACDF surgery almost 4 months ago and I still have problems from time to time.

rambo2

Reaction score
How about they try and kill each other every play. He played 5 games, of course it hurts.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
“Manageable “ and precautionary are 2 different things in my opinion. Manageable means in a pain threshold thing and could get worse. Neither are that encouraging. idk we need all the help we can get in all these games but with the bye next week if they wanted to give him this week off and then the bye - I wouldn’t be totally against it.

we need tyron.

Manageable? What does that mean? Soooo is there an issue or not? Was it just precautionary or what?

He has some kind of discomfort that they feel they can manage. I would assume through massage, stretching, rest. They gave him an mri as a precaution. As they don't think it's serious but as a precautionary they will check anyway to confirm that it's not serious.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He looked to be in good spirits after Sunday's game.

Hopefully this is just a precautionary check up to ensure whatever surgery he had is holding up well.

He was in good spirits because he's being paid.

ESisback

Reaction score
Bet we get some revised guesses in the “Just For Fun” thread!

Now we know where Bellichick will attack.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Football gods:

I’d like to make a formal apology for trash taking my stupid Steelers friend and being cocky yesterday. It’s been a long time. I thought it was necessary and I was wrong.

MRI gods I address this to you too.

817Gill

Reaction score
So he’s playing? What’s the big deal (as of right now)?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If I had neck surgery that kept me out of work for most of the year and then felt something a little off in that area, I would also want an MRI to check things out.

Think of the pounding the body takes playing in the NFL. A LT has his head on a swivel, so there is ample opportunity to get dinged.

I have a feeling Tyron retires after this season. He is a smart man and likely has a fortune put away. His quality of life after football will be the biggest factor.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
If I had neck surgery that kept me out of work for most of the year and then felt something a little off in that area, I would also want an MRI to check things out.

Think of the pounding the body takes playing in the NFL. A LT has his head on a swivel, so there is ample opportunity to get dinged.

I have a feeling Tyron retires after this season. He is a smart man and likely has a fortune put away. His quality of life after football will be the biggest factor.

NFL players are retiring earlier and earlier, and I don't blame them. If you have a fortune put away and a Hall of Fame jacket waiting for you, there's not much reason to keep taking punishment.

Jipper

Reaction score
NFL players are retiring earlier and earlier, and I don't blame them. If you have a fortune put away and a Hall of Fame jacket waiting for you, there's not much reason to keep taking punishment.

Superbowl rings have a certain allure..

phildadon86

Reaction score
Bull****

I don’t need to read 11 pages of a thread.

Smith is on borrowed time.

you have to be an idiot not to see it.
Lol. If you read the whole thread. You’d see the post from Clarence hill saying it was precautionary more than anything. But keep screaming

Reactions: BAT

T-RO

Reaction score
Lol. If you read the whole thread. You’d see the post from Clarence hill saying it was precautionary more than anything. But keep screaming

Yup. This thread is an unbelievable waste of time and energy. We'll know more when we know more.

As of now Smith plays Sunday.

Sorry if I interrupted anyone's wish to hyperventillate until unconscious.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys EXCLUSIVE: Team's Take on Tyron Smith Following MRI on Neck

"He's planning on playing on Sunday,'' a source tells CowboysSI.com

MIKE FISHER
SI.COM

Sources now tell CowboysSI.com that while (as of 7:42 p.m. Thursday) the team does not yet have the MRI results, the medical staff has a positive feeling about what the MRI will show, and has a positive feeling about Smith's availability this week and going forward.

"He's planning on playing on Sunday,'' a source told CowboysSI.com.

As noted earlier on Thursday, the "concern level'' always exists any time a player is driven toward getting an MRI. But one source tells CowboysSI.com that this neck issue - whatever it is - "falls into the category of 'manageable.'''

"We fully expect it to be manageable,'' a source said.
Manageable is good..