Twitter: Tyron Smith MRI on neck

Creeper

Reaction score
Until we hear more I see every reason to be a little concerned. Smith had neck surgery and now he is obviously having some kind of problem or why limit him in practice and why get the MRI? Smith was having a fantastic year and we all know what happened when the Cowboys OL fell apart last year. Heck yeah I am concerned.

And just a reminder, it's Thursday and they have a game Sunday!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Let’s be honest we all knew this was bound to happen. It wasn’t a matter of if it was when. Someone started a thread about him not long ago and this was my comment.

Many were frustrated with his injuries. We still have a long way to go hopefully he stays healthy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
hope it is nothing but that is why u dont trade away depth and talent in the nfl
this could be simply loose debris or scar tissue ,need a cleanup etc at the bye from the surgery..

lest all huddle and pray

Titleist

Reaction score
Lael Collins to LT (he's a southpaw) while Steele remains at RT ?
i really believe working next to perennial Zack Martin works much better for Steele, than working next to Conner WIlliams.
Collins' natural position is actually LT - he played the position for two years at LSU and performed really well. One of the main reasons he switched to RT once he joined the Cowboys was related to Tyron already having LT locked down.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Unless the MRI is severe they probably roll him out this week then give him 2 weeks during the upcoming bye to manage/rehab it.

plasticman

Reaction score
Hopefully it’s nothing. He was a full participant yesterday and limited today not a DNP. Probably something just tightened up and they want to make sure he’s ok
Most likely, but what is the purpose of announcing this before the test to confirm he is okay?

Who in the Cowboys organization enjoys making their fans squirm? Not cool, man.

Carson

Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth but according to Fisher he didn't notice anything wrong with Smith in practice and they just limited him in reps.
Pretty much my thoughts. This was reported on 105.3. This wasn’t like Jerry or Mike announcing this

glimmerman

Reaction score
He was limited so likey was bothering him. Since he had surgery any little thing and will check it out. Just hope if he plays Sunday the cheat riots don’t keep going hands to the face on him. But of course this was going to happen. That weakens that side he was probly helping Williams.

Reactions: BAT

edmon

Reaction score
You guys have no chill. This is Tyron Smith, he is worth a fortune to Jerry and he had surgery on his neck last year. Jerry would be willing to air ambulance him to the Mayo clinic if he so much as slept on it funny.

He may be fine or they may have to amputate. Patience Grass Hopper.