Twitter: Tyron Smith MRI on neck

Carson

Reaction score
I could be off base, but my guess is that maybe he's just getting a follow up from the offseason to make sure everything is well. I'm not going to worry about it atm.
I’m hoping. But quite random after a full practice yesterday and a limited practice today and leaving for Boston in two days

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He looked to be in good spirits after Sunday's game.

Hopefully this is just a precautionary check up to ensure whatever surgery he had is holding up well.

That's my thinking. I think he had surgery in the offseason, if my memory serves me rightly. I think this is probably just a followup to make sure that everything is in good shape.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
....and for those that said the OL was fine heading into last year's off-season, here we go.

… and for all those who said the OL was not fine heading into last year’s off-season, here we go … wait for it … wait for it … 4-1 with best running game in the league and 2nd most points scored.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I sure as hell hope that’s what it is.

Well, think about it. Neck surgeries and injuries are severe injuries. Naturally, a doctor would want to evaluate the progress and make sure everything is in order after a procedure like that. If something is wrong, they can take a proactive approach to fix it before it worsens.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Starting line up for Sunday. j/k

Martin LT
McGovern LG
Williams C
Collins RG
Steele RT

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Instead of crying woe is me, why don’t you try to find ways to overcome and succeed? Better now than in the game where options are limited.

1) Nsekhe might be fine at OT. Knight might be fine. Farniok might be fine.

2) Maybe they move Williams out to OT and insert McGovern at guard.

3) Maybe they give McGovern a shot at OT. Maybe he has been practicing there. Who knows?

Belichick has no idea what the Cowboys are going to do with the OL. He has to guess. The Cowboys know and have time to prepare.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Breaking news!!!!! Water is wet

Are you sure about that?

scurrd.gif

75boyz

Reaction score
Starting line up for Sunday. j/k

Martin LT
McGovern LG
Williams C
Collins RG
Steele RT

If this was strictly on a play your best 5 scenario you may not be far off.

To move Martin from his spot does not keep him happy along with all the opinions of not moving him based on continuity or because he's such a good guard will follow as well.

So there's that.

jmo

RonWashington

Reaction score
Here we go. Time to buckle up. It never fails

Zack Martin & Steele Tackle

McGovern & Williams Guard

Tyrone is in yr 11 already . Yeah one of the first three rounds 2022 need to grab a tackle . Helps keep the 140 million $ QB upright

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Seems like it has been forever since the Cowboys made it through an entire season with a fully healthy offensive line. sigh.

That's usually the case for a good majority of the league, though. It's hard to get through a season with the same starting 5 up front every week.