Twitter: Tyron Smith TKGs His Child

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Cowboys better not mess around with him and wait 40 years before they put him in the ROH.
I’ll even go as far as saying he was part of changing this thing around. The emphasis on the running game but the offensive line building started with him. In order for this to work and to build this line you had to hit on Tyron. And even then you would’ve took half of what he’s given you. He’s been great.

rags747

Reaction score
I wonder if he has ever resolved the family issues that were surrounding him many years ago. I know that they were resolved back then but it would be interesting to know if it has all worked out or if everyone has just gone their own separate ways. Family can be tough sometimes!

Creeper

Reaction score
He is one of the all-time greats. I never doubted his strength. Tyron is always in great shape. But watch him play against NFL DEs and you can see he has lost a little lateral quickness. I remember the end of Larry Allen's career with Dallas. He was still strong as an ox, but his feet were not as quick and he struggled with quicker DTs. Larry Allen was the greatest OG I have ever seen and there have been a lot of good ones in my 50+ years of watching football. Father time wins the war against everyone.

Tyron is young still but he has had a fair share of injuries, especially to his back. Back problems do not go away. There is no operation to heal them either. They can operate to relieve the pain but there is usually a tradeoff, like flexibility or mobility. I really hope Tryon can recover some of his quickness, but I am being realistic when I do not expect it. When Tyron retires or is released by the Cowboys, it will be a huge loss for the team. There are not many LTs as good as he was. But it is going to happen and its going to happen sooner than we'd like.

Qcard

Reaction score
Good thing he does not have any back issues.
Now that's funny but it's doing things like that Travis Frederick chose the game over.

Tyron has back, elbow and knee issues. I think he's a aging battle horse.

I hope when he's ready the move is as graceful and intelligent like Frederick.

Qcard

Reaction score
He is one of the all-time greats. I never doubted his strength. Tyron is always in great shape. But watch him play against NFL DEs and you can see he has lost a little lateral quickness. I remember the end of Larry Allen's career with Dallas. He was still strong as an ox, but his feet were not as quick and he struggled with quicker DTs. Larry Allen was the greatest OG I have ever seen and there have been a lot of good ones in my 50+ years of watching football. Father time wins the war against everyone.

Tyron is young still but he has had a fair share of injuries, especially to his back. Back problems do not go away. There is no operation to heal them either. They can operate to relieve the pain but there is usually a tradeoff, like flexibility or mobility. I really hope Tryon can recover some of his quickness, but I am being realistic when I do not expect it. When Tyron retires or is released by the Cowboys, it will be a huge loss for the team. There are not many LTs as good as he was. But it is going to happen and its going to happen sooner than we'd like.
Great post!