Tyron Smith

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Not really. He took a swing at the guy. The ejection was legit. But we were up 24-8 at the time. No excuse for Dak not to manage the offense better. This should not have been a close game. The offense struggled in the red zone all game settling for 6 FGs which is embarrassing.
4 FGs, but point taken

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Smith did have a hold thought it was that play. Was it Collins. Completion deep in Wash territory didn’t help the cause.
No he didn't have a holding penalty. he got flagged for illegal formation when he was too far off the LOS. Steele did as well.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
And Steele.

I don't think signing an undrafted rookie free agent is what most have in mind when talking about rebuilding. It's usually investing some premium picks in the draft or acquiring some established players to upgrade the position.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don't think signing an undrafted rookie free agent is what most have in mind when talking about rebuilding. It's usually investing some premium picks in the draft or acquiring some established players to upgrade the position.
Can you name 2 premium picks in the last draft that are playing well? Keep in mid that there are 32 teams with a need.

rambo2

Reaction score
Tyron is injury prone. Every player in the league doesn’t miss multiple games every year. He’s missed at least three games the last 6 years. If it’s not one injury it’s another injury. His availability is an issue.
All players are injury prone. Tampa won the Super Bowl because of the injuries to the Chiefs offensive line.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Can you name 2 premium picks in the last draft that are playing well? Keep in mid that there are 32 teams with a need.

Picks in general or just offensive line? Investing premium picks doesn't guarantee you've completed a rebuild, but higher probability of hitting in the first 3 rounds.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All players are injury prone. Tampa won the Super Bowl because of the injuries to the Chiefs offensive line.

All players suffer injuries but not all players are injury prone. There’s a difference between players suffering an injury and players that are often injured requiring them to miss multiple games. When a player keeps missing games with nagging injuries year after they’re injury prone. The injuries to the Chiefs OL doesn’t mean those players were injury prone. I’m not about to spend all day arguing this.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Tyron is injury prone. Every player in the league doesn’t miss multiple games every year. He’s missed at least three games the last 6 years. If it’s not one injury it’s another injury. His availability is an issue.
yet the team keeps ignoring this during free agency and the draft. I agree 100%. Its pure insanity 2 keep trying the same thing over and over expecting things 2 change. DUMB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Everyone wants 2 look at his age but they ignore the mileage. I think this will be his last year in Dallas, maybe the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised if he's done for the year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
yet the team keeps ignoring this during free agency and the draft. I agree 100%. Its pure insanity 2 keep trying the same thing over and over expecting things 2 change. DUMB.

Tyron has been a great player so the Cowboys keep counting on him. It’s not easy finding a solid player at LT. When he’s been healthy he’s been real good. However, we can’t count on him to be available every week. He’ll be missing his fourth game of the season on Sunday. He’s had three different injuries this season. I think we’ve reached the point with him where the Cowboys will seriously start looking for his replacement during the offseason. Next year will be his 12th season and with all the injuries he’s been suffering he may decide to retire in the next year or two. We don’t want to be caught where we’re having to scramble to find his replacement. We need to prepare ourselves.

rambo2

Reaction score
All players suffer injuries but not all players are injury prone. There’s a difference between players suffering an injury and players that are often injured requiring them to miss multiple games. When a player keeps missing games with nagging injuries year after they’re injury prone. The injuries to the Chiefs OL doesn’t mean those players were injury prone. I’m not about to spend all day arguing this.
All players will get injuries. They all are injury prone.

rambo2

Reaction score
How have they ignored it? Haven't they drafted or signed all of their offensive linemen? They have drafted 3 in the last 2 years and also signed and developed Steele. I guess that you would have drafted Slater instead of Parsons and would have drafted another lineman instead of Lamb. You would have screwed up.

rambo2

Reaction score
Picks in general or just offensive line? Investing premium picks doesn't guarantee you've completed a rebuild, but higher probability of hitting in the first 3 rounds.
The olineman like the guy that Chicago brought in last night at left tackle. He was one of the highly regarded olinemen in the draft and he got killed last night.

Rayman70

Reaction score
How have they ignored it? Haven't they drafted or signed all of their offensive linemen? They have drafted 3 in the last 2 years and also signed and developed Steele. I guess that you would have drafted Slater instead of Parsons and would have drafted another lineman instead of Lamb. You would have screwed up.
I think instead of drafting Joseph, we MAYBE should have drafted a guy there...or MAYBE in free agency signed a guy.(not TY Nseke) Tyron isnt gonna get any better. Seems like he was plan 'A' all along. Now here he is, hurt again.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think instead of drafting Joseph, we MAYBE should have drafted a guy there...or MAYBE in free agency signed a guy.(not TY Nseke) Tyron isnt gonna get any better. Seems like he was plan 'A' all along. Now here he is, hurt again.
They could have moved up and taken Tevin Jenkins. Did you see him last night? I'm pretty sure that Tyron can get a lot better. He just has an ankle sprain.