Tyron Smith

Tussinman

Reaction score
I'd rather have him than not have him. He appears to be fine now.
Yeah that's why I have mixed feelings.

Has back surgery worked (most people thought he was either going to retire or comeback terrible because "backs never heal") and he's actually on Pace to play more snaps this season than he did in 2016, 17, and 18. He's currently the 2nd highest rated tackle on PFF as well

Surgery worked, he just needs his own teammates to stop crashing into his ankle (2nd time this year).

Tussinman

Reaction score
Tyron USED to be consistent and dependable. Not so anymore. He's still a great LT, but you can't be great on the sideline injured, and that's where he's becoming increasingly consistent.
A little bit of an overreaction.

This season will be the 4th time out of the last 5 years that he's played at least 13 games and majority of those games missed where games he could of played if it was do or die and he's never missed the playoffs once.

Not saying he's never injured but at the same time this "made of glass" and "always on the sidelines" are typical fan overreactions that don't match up with what's really going on

Reactions: CWR

Rayman70

Reaction score
Tyler Biadasz has been getting better and better with each rep. My concern with him is the high snaps or low snaps. He has 2 be better.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Tyler Biadasz has been getting better and better with each rep. My concern with him is the high snaps or low snaps. He has 2 be better.

Yup one of those will get by Dak eventually. He's gotta clean it up.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Matt Farniok,a drafted rookie 2021 is listed behind him I think. I wouldn't be surprised to see him compete for that job next season. Unless Tyler has vastly improved.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He should have done that by now and he got shoved back so hard, Prescott got stepped on and muffed the handoff,

If they are going to keep him at C, they have to get better at LG and LT.

Big Smitty is just OK and too often injured, they should have already moved on from him.

Reaction score
We all knew this was coming. They drafted defense early & often the last two years, which they needed to. Now, it's time to replenish the O- line, early & often.

Reaction score
It's not as much of a drop to the next man up as it used to be.
Totally disagree. Tyron was playing at an All-Pro level this year, before those injuries started piling up again. Same with Martin. When the guy beside you isn't nearly as good as the guy he replaced, it affects your play as well. The line needs an overhaul in the draft over the next couple of years.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Totally disagree. Tyron was playing at an All-Pro level this year, before those injuries started piling up again. Same with Martin. When the guy beside you isn't nearly as good as the guy he replaced, it affects your play as well. The line needs an overhaul in the draft over the next couple of years.
I love Tyron Smith and consider him a 1st ballot HOFer. The ugly truth is his lack of availability is a constant disruption and continually catches the team off balance.

CWR

Reaction score
He should have done that by now and he got shoved back so hard, Prescott got stepped on and muffed the handoff,

If they are going to keep him at C, they have to get better at LG and LT.

Big Smitty is just OK and too often injured, they should have already moved on from him.

Smith is still really good. He is named up often but still gives us most a season. He's also has to be a bargain at this point, considering how long his deal was.

Far as the rest go, we need to re-load on that line. I'm not as down on them as some, but they appear to be diminishing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If it’s not one injury it’s another with Tyron. His availability has been his biggest detriment. We have to start looking for his replacement in the draft.

rambo2

Reaction score
If it’s not one injury it’s another with Tyron. His availability has been his biggest detriment. We have to start looking for his replacement in the draft.
The replacement will gt hurt too. Just like every other player in the league.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The replacement will gt hurt too. Just like every other player in the league.

Tyron is injury prone. Every player in the league doesn’t miss multiple games every year. He’s missed at least three games the last 6 years. If it’s not one injury it’s another injury. His availability is an issue.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Offensive line is definitely a concern. There’s no chemistry due to the constant lineup changes. Hopefully Tyron is okay
There would be chemistry if they traded Tyron "Glass" Smith last offseason. Tyron is no good when he is not playing, which is most of the time the last few years. They need to trade him off this offseason, he is too old and too injury prone.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
There would be chemistry if they traded Tyron "Glass" Smith last offseason. Tyron is no good when he is not playing, which is most of the time the last few years. They need to trade him off this offseason, he is too old and too injury prone.

Not sure a team would take that cap hit with his age and recent injury issues.