Tyrone Crawford charged after bar brawl

ESisback

Reaction score
opportunity for Taco,Armstrong,Jackson...significant snaps on the table if they're hungry enuff.

Plus Hyder and Covington. We’ve got 16-18 DL. I’m betting we can get an outstanding rotation out of that, even without Crawford and Gregory. So don’t be surprised if there’s another scandal in the next three months...

cern

Reaction score
I watched greg hardy win his last ufc fight. he'd kick Crawford's butt in the octagon. can't stand hardy, but he looked pretty good fighting. that girl never had a chance.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It should be interesting to see if the FO decides to "suck it up" and retain Crawford or cut bait and let him go as a hedge to avoid further overpaying one who has arguably been something of a monetary over-commitment for an extended period of time now. Would an ongoing suspension be the final straw? It seems an unfortunate incident for Crawford, in any event. Would it potentially pave the way for a rookie to replace him? We'll see.

Last edited:

Cumart21

Reaction score
It's not business as usual for the Cowboys today? Didn't you have a guy crash his car recently and then get caught drunk driving a scooter?

Didn't you have the first player in NFL history pick weed over football when he probably would have been top 10 highest paid at his position?

Weren't you the first team in NFL history to pay 100m$ to a player with a drug suspension on his resumé?

Remember Rolando Mcclain? Remember Josh Brent? Remember Greg Hardy? Remember Lance Dunbar? Remember when Dez owed that jewelry company 400k, just before he got arrested for beating up his mom?

No, this is nothing like the 90's cowboys, I understand your point there. And no, this Tyrone Crawford situation is not a big deal at all. If crazy evidence comes out that he was rampaging, he MIGHT get a game, but unlikely.

But when you consider the Cowboy's current reputation in context to the rest of the NFL, everyone else is way cleaner than they've ever been. That's why your situations are still as nuts as they ever were, relatively speaking.

And I'm sure someone can quote me here and come up with another half-dozen crazy incidences that happened over the last 10 years I didn't even mention.

Arrest-o-meter, come on down....

http://nflarrest.com/

cowboyec

Reaction score
Plus Hyder and Covington. We’ve got 16-18 DL. I’m betting we can get an outstanding rotation out of that, even without Crawford and Gregory. So don’t be surprised if there’s another scandal in the next three months...
especially Hyder...can play DE or DT.
Daniel Wise is another.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
You beat me to it. I was just thinking about how many brawls RW probably got into.

The most widely reported one was when a retired RW beat Charles Haley to a pulp and RW had already mellowed out by then.

I'm also reminded of the movie North Dallas Forty which was considered to have had a lot of similarities to real life events of the sixties/seventies. I think players might have been more out of control back then but it just didn't get reported.

:lmao:
That "Clint Longly with the captive western diamondback pit viper for a roommate",,,?,,, ya, he was wack-0o_O

ESisback

Reaction score
especially Hyder...can play DE or DT.
Daniel Wise is another.

Take away Crawford and Gregory, and we still have:
Lawrence, Quinn, Woods, Collins, Armstrong, Charlton, Hyder, Covington, Hill, Jackson, Ross, Wise, Walkers, etc.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Take away Crawford and Gregory, and we still have:
Lawrence, Quinn, Woods, Collins, Armstrong, Charlton, Hyder, Covington, Hill, Jackson, Ross, Wise, Walkers, etc.
very deep group.
I'm most excited about watching how this DL group shapes out.

Cumart21

Reaction score
That’s somewhat misleading. Like Crawford was charged but not arrested. Irving, Lawrence not arrested. Greg Hardy arrested as a Panther but Cowboys accepted the fallout from that.

I'm sure the same circumstances happen for other teams.

Wizarus

Reaction score
He may get suspended. Wouldnt be too upset either, you dont shove officers in this day and age and expect nothing's gonna happen.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Crawford is supposed to be a core guy.

Not a good look.

cern

Reaction score
Release him. Saves 7+ million on the cap. Ok player, but nothing special. Costs too much to be a progress stopper.

GMO415

Reaction score
Unicorn_Redesign2_preview_2_grande.png

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Release him. Saves 7+ million on the cap. Ok player, but nothing special. Costs too much to be a progress stopper.

We still have too little at pass rushing DT to dump Crawford. Only Collins and Hill, and that's counting Hill before we've seen him play.