Tyrone Crawford Post-June 1st cut?

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Honestly every time I saw him lined up at defensive end last year I cringed. He was abused by Rams and Colts...Nice guy though

Everyone got abused by the Rams and Colts. Should we cut LVE, Smith, and DLaw too?
He is a good DL. Overpaid, probably, but easily our third best right now.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Is he overpaid maybe but not his fault. He got the extension playing 3T when they switched to the 4-3. Then the staff started moving him along the DL due to injuries, suspensions, and draft miscues. He is as another poster here has said, he is a glue guy. He is basically the other guy among the names among the DL. He will never be superstar but he does everything food to OK. He is hardly out of position and he hardly.gets.destroyed. I am fine with his play if a true upgrade is available in all the areas he is "valuable" at I say get the guy but the replacement would most likely be a pro bowl level player.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I think that is a real possibility in 2020. Pay cut and - this will drive a lot of people on here nuts - a one-year extension!
He is a good player, maybe not good enough for his salary, but solid. He is like a security blanket for the coaches. If someone gets hurt, you know you can stick Crawford in at three positions on the line and get solid play. If DLaw requires him to sit out a few weeks, I bet my bottom dollar that Crawford would start at LDE, and actually play really well.
60% of the snaps....... 60%...... no one else but Tank comes close and that is for 5 straight years

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
He has played over 60% of the snaps for the last 5 years..... so yes....... STARTER

How are people arguing this?
He started 15/15 in 2014
16/16 in 2015
14/14 in 2016
16/14 in 2017
15/15 in 2018
He is clearly a starter!
I don't get some people on here.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Most teams want/need a Crawford type for 2-4 mil/season. Very few want him for 7-10 mil/season.

I have no problem with anyone saying he is overpaid. I stated earlier that he may get cut in 2020 if the young guys come through.

I have a problem with the "JAG" talk and the "no one would want him" talk that is ridiculous.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
With the additions of the new dline players through the draft and his recent off the field incident, this would be a good time of releasing him.

Releasing him as a post June 1st cut would create 7 million in cap savings and only account for 3 million in dead money.

It would also clear 10 million in cap space in 2020.

I'm all for releasing him as a post June 1st cut.

Nope, rework the contract sure, but he's a valuable piece IMO

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He started 15/15 in 2014
16/16 in 2015
14/14 in 2016
16/14 in 2017
15/15 in 2018
Cap hits were
2015..........2.8m
2016..........4.3m
2017...........10m
2018.............9m

He gets no credit for the first 3..... the average for the last 5 years is 5.5m

If you add in 2019 and 2020 the average cap hit is 6.8m

So much mis-information

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Honestly every time I saw him lined up at defensive end last year I cringed. He was abused by Rams and Colts...Nice guy though

LMAOOOOOO

*picks out our two worst games*

*blames Crawford*

Jesus

And just to let everyone know, Crawford had one of his better games against the Colts on limited snaps. 4 tackles, 3 of them solo.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
With the additions of the new dline players through the draft and his recent off the field incident, this would be a good time of releasing him.

Releasing him as a post June 1st cut would create 7 million in cap savings and only account for 3 million in dead money.

It would also clear 10 million in cap space in 2020.

I'm all for releasing him as a post June 1st cut.

The dline is becoming very crowded, but can't see Dallas parting ways with Crawford this year, unless the young guys significantly outplay him in camp. At this moment, Crawford is technically the 2nd best player on the dline and is a much better than people give him credit for.

Next year all bets are off and we'll have to see how the young guys progress.

Brooksey

Reaction score
LMAOOOOOO

*picks out our two worst games*

*blames Crawford*

Jesus

And just to let everyone know, Crawford had one of his better games against the Colts on limited snaps. 4 tackles, 3 of them solo.

:facepalm:
Guy is being paid to be a difference maker. When we play elite O-lines he should shine. Instead he performs like a Jag against the run and the pass.

Non-playmaking bum. Nice guy though

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
:facepalm:
Guy is being paid to be a difference maker. When we play elite O-lines he should shine. Instead he performs like a Jag against the run and the pass.

Non-playmaking bum. Nice guy though

:laugh::lmao2:

No need to call him a bum when you get caught dead wrong. Acting as if you actually went back and watched Crawford during those games. Crawford isnt the bum here
:muttley: