Tyrone Crawford Post-June 1st cut?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
With the additions of the new dline players through the draft and his recent off the field incident, this would be a good time of releasing him.

Releasing him as a post June 1st cut would create 7 million in cap savings and only account for 3 million in dead money.

It would also clear 10 million in cap space in 2020.

I'm all for releasing him as a post June 1st cut.
Why is it..

as soon as we begin to have a respectable defense..

people want to start playing Fantasy Football.?

Crawford plays two positions...

allows the DC to mix and substitute other players around him freely.

They do not need the cap money yet.

Slow down.

Section446

Reaction score
Honestly, the DL is currently a huge strength, let's keep it that way this year. We don't necessarily need the money for anything right now.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
You're starting two 3Techs, one which is a rookie that needs to be groomed and another that hasnt played near the level of Crawford?

I don't get it.
And you think Crawford is a 1-tech? He played 3-tech. We don't have a true 1-tech on the team and the Cowboys have been showing to move away from the 1 tech. So yes...I wouldn't be surprised if Crawford is a June 1 cut. Not saying cause he hasn't been serviceable. But, we never got value for his contract. For that reason, I wouldn't be surprised.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
And you think Crawford is a 1-tech? He played 3-tech. We don't have a true 1-tech on the team and the Cowboys have been showing to move away from the 1 tech. So yes...I wouldn't be surprised if Crawford is a June 1 cut. Not saying cause he hasn't been serviceable. But, we never got value for his contract. For that reason, I wouldn't be surprised.

What...? No Crawford is a 3T.
You're suggesting Hill and Collins who are both 3Ts.

Woods is a real 1T.

I'm not even talking about cutting or not, just odd you'd start a rookie and a worse player over Crawford despite them all playing the same position.

jnday

Reaction score
Most teams want/need a Crawford type for 2-4 mil/season. Very few want him for 7-10 mil/season.
Exactly. He can play several positions, but is not above average playing any of them. Too much money just for position flex.

jnday

Reaction score
Honestly, the DL is currently a huge strength, let's keep it that way this year. We don't necessarily need the money for anything right now.
I don’t think we can say it is a huge strength until these young guys show something in camp. At this time it looks good on paper, but we don’t know how it will play out on the field.

cern

Reaction score
Is there any dc who game plans for tcraw??? I doubt it. If releasing him will help keep la'el collins, I'm for it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
DLaw.........TCrawford/MCollins............AWoods..........Quinn/RGregory*
Taco...................THill...........................Covington...........Armstrong

Hyder
JJackson
JJelks
Wise
Ross

Section446

Reaction score
I don’t think we can say it is a huge strength until these young guys show something in camp. At this time it looks good on paper, but we don’t know how it will play out on the field.
Eh, I'd say that our front-seven is pretty stacked. With the addition of Quinn, we can move Crawford back to where he should have been all along; DT. If Collins can stay healthy and Gregory can stay un-suspended, we're in a strong position to make some noise.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is one of those threads you hope die but they don't.

Oops.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
What...? No Crawford is a 3T.
You're suggesting Hill and Collins who are both 3Ts.

Woods is a real 1T.

I'm not even talking about cutting or not, just odd you'd start a rookie and a worse player over Crawford despite them all playing the same position.
Not sure where you're getting your info from but Crawford is not a true 3-tech.

And again....I said I wouldn't be surprised if he was a June 1 cut. Because....of his salary. He isn't worth what we paid him. Maybe he takes a paycut. Also, it's not like we haven't started rookies before. But....Crawford is not a 3-tech. We have no 1-techs on the team. Last only true 1-tech we had was Brian Price. And he didn't play much.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
With the additions of the new dline players through the draft and his recent off the field incident, this would be a good time of releasing him.

Releasing him as a post June 1st cut would create 7 million in cap savings and only account for 3 million in dead money.

It would also clear 10 million in cap space in 2020.

I'm all for releasing him as a post June 1st cut.
Crawford is a leader. He does a lot of the dirty work that doesn't show up on the stats sheet but lets other guys rack up stats.

The cap situation and the off-the-field stuff really put him on VERY shaky ground.

I hope he's willing to take a pay cut and restructure to help the team. But really, he has no legit leverage right now. I doubt anybody's gonna give him anything close to what he'd get in Dallas, even w/ after a paycut

NickZepp

Reaction score
Crawford may be cut next year after Dallas signs Dak to his deal if it clears up space. Don't see it happening this year. No reason to. Even if Dak signs this offseason it will be an extension so his contract for this year will be set. There is plenty of cap space this year.