Tyrone Crawford

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Yes, LOL, overpaid. But not an easy cut. He will be missed more than many think because of all the little things he does.
I'd say he's a bit overpaid but not terribly, IMO.
If he was making, say, 7-8 mil a year instead of 9-10 he'd be about right. There are a handful of better players making a bit less than him and a handful of lesser players making a bit more than him.

jday

Reaction score
He's currently PFF's 26th ranked interior lineman with an above average 83.1 grade. Any of you All-22ers agree or disagree with that ranking and/or grading?

I can't even remember the terms of his contract, so don't know if his play this year is starting to justify it or not.
Is it my imagination or does Crawford spend more time at RE?

wssaustin

Reaction score
I think he got paid with war-daddy money but has been playing with injuries or just slightly above average.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Thanks. So...that's pretty good if he's the 26th ranked interior lineman...right???

:huh:
I mean, he's been good at DT this season when he's lined up there but that hasn't been a whole lot this year. It's a little odd comparing him to DTs that probably have 500-600 snaps there this year.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
So the defensive line has an above average player in Crawford, two bonafide studs in Lawrence and Irving, and a solid player in Collins. With Lewis and Scandrick playing decently and Hitchens developing, it seems the defense should be doing a little better than 30th in points per drive, even with the injury to Lee. I mean,I’m not expecting the 85 Bears or anything, but come on.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
So the defensive line has an above average player in Crawford, two bonafide studs in Lawrence and Irving, and a solid player in Collins. With Lewis and Scandrick playing decently and Hitchens developing, it seems the defense should be doing a little better than 30th in points per drive, even with the injury to Lee. I mean,I’m not expecting the 85 Bears or anything, but come on.

You would think. So, unless we are overrating how good the players are....

jday

Reaction score
I mean, he's been good at DT this season when he's lined up there but that hasn't been a whole lot this year. It's a little odd comparing him to DTs that probably have 500-600 snaps there this year.
They slide him inside mostly on pass downs. Its hard to show up on the stat sheet from that position; particularly when you catch the typical inside double-team. This is yet another example of how stats can lie. He's no Pro Bowler and you could make the argument he doesn't earn his contract, but he's solid in a position that his physical make-up isn't necessarily ideal for; 3 tech might be his best fit but Irving and Maliek are better. From that perspective, you could argue against his money, but he can play any position on the line and be solid. So, while I'll agree he is overpaid, I don't think it's by as much as the general consensus.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He's currently PFF's 26th ranked interior lineman with an above average 83.1 grade. Any of you All-22ers agree or disagree with that ranking and/or grading?

I can't even remember the terms of his contract, so don't know if his play this year is starting to justify it or not.

It doesn't take the all-22 to figure out he's being held almost every play.:rolleyes:

jrumann59

Reaction score
He is a Tony Casillas type player, he will be overshadowed by more talented players on the DL but without him you would have hole in the rotation. This DL has gone long enough with duct tape and bubble gum. Right now its has balsam wood but at least its wood.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

Just some guys we can compare Crawford to and how much he's getting paid

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
They slide him inside mostly on pass downs. Its hard to show up on the stat sheet from that position; particularly when you catch the typical inside double-team. This is yet another example of how stats can lie. He's no Pro Bowler and you could make the argument he doesn't earn his contract, but he's solid in a position that his physical make-up isn't necessarily ideal for; 3 tech might be his best fit but Irving and Maliek are better. From that perspective, you could argue against his money, but he can play any position on the line and be solid. So, while I'll agree he is overpaid, I don't think it's by as much as the general consensus.
Agreed. His position flex is very valuable and the Washington game was a great example of this; most of the game when Crawford and Irving were playing together it was Irving at DT and Crawford at RDE, but on the play that Irving sacked Cousins they were reversed- Craw at 3T and Irving at RDE. Crawford was able to draw the attention of the LG and LT allowing Irving to have a free shot at Cousins.