Tyson the Punk loser to a nobody

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
1st off I have never considered Tyson a boxer, he is a fighter and there is a big difference. I do agree the lower weights are much better than the current heavyweight division. I also still have a big problem with the people who run the sports and have seen too many fights that even the average Joe could see the judging was fixed. If and when Boxing can clean up their act and get rid of these crooked promoters I will once again watch boxing but right now I see them as nothing more than WWF a bunch fakes and fixes

I am in total agreement with you

And Mike Tyson was NEVER a boxer or "prize fighter".. he was a paid thug

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Mike will be alright if he gets some good people around him.

- Mike G.

I like your attitude about hings like this, Mike G. ... You don't ever seem to hate on people ...

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Princess said:
I am in total agreement with you

And Mike Tyson was NEVER a boxer or "prize fighter".. he was a paid thug

This is way off-base. He is a thug, but he is also a boxer and a prize fighter ... one of the best ever.

Check yoself Princess!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I was raised on Tyson - in his prime he was as dominant a fighter as I ever saw. When Damato and that Irish trainer (Kevin Rooney?) He was a damn good boxer, his head always moved, and he launched punches off of that.

Rooney in early 90's showed the erosion of Tysons "skills" and lack of movement. He was attempting to knock out people leading with his head. Late in career he's totally out of shape and jusy doing the motions. In a twisted way I bought the Pay per view on a whim. After watching that I get why. I saw the GREAT Mike Tysons last fight.

Ali/Tyson? Man thats a great fight. My take is Tyson would have to get to Ali Early or Ali would wear him down and take him out late or out point him.....

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I thought this was a good but dejected quote by Tyson after the match:

"You're smart too late and old too soon."

That's actually a very old Amish saying... "we grow too soon old, and too late smart"...

I remember when Arsenio Hall once had Sugar Ray Leonard, Muhammed Ali and Mike Tyson on the same show and he asked them if they all fought in their prime, who would win? Tyson and Leonard pointed to Ali, but Ali pointed to Tyson. LOL

Ali would have whipped Tyson the same way he whipped Foreman-- with his brain...