News: U Turn - Randy Gregory Is A Bronco

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
If its just common boilerplate language from the CBA, why does Denver not have it in theirs?

Care to explain that?

Some people think these contracts are devised on the back of a packet.

No point having a restriction if it cant be monitored and policed. Due to Colorado's laws there's a ready made defense for failing a test that can be induced passively....hence no point in having a restriction that would be difficult and contentious to enforce. If Denver wanted to enforce it they would be open to a civil suit which there's a good chance (due to the passivity defense and infringement on rights and restriction of movement) they'd lose....

What's the point in having a contractual clause that's unenforceable and opposes state law....hence Denver's lawyers probably forgo the clause as being extremely difficult to enforce (in Colorado).

Last edited by a moderator:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
People beating up the front office for this need to wait to find out what really happened before condemning the Cowboys. JMO.

Yep, and the accusation is that the Cowboys tried to pull a fast one by changing the contract late on, now if that clause was already in Randy's contract then it was THE AGENT that tried to pull a fast one.

Indeed, I would go further and say that the clause should be added incentive to remain on the wagon.

If there's no chance of remission there's no big issue in signing the standard clause.

If they want to make an issue of the clause not being in Dak's contract .....well Jerry would have given his daughters away if Dak wanted it and there's no repeat offender clause and first offense would probably have then required an amendment of his contract.

I think the real take is that the Agent tried it on and Cowboys wouldn't budge. At last our FO just doesn't roll over for any player demand.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Randy Gregory made a football decision, he wants to win a SB. The odds that Denver will win one is better than in Dallas where we have the Joneses in charge.

Randy could care less about winning or even football. This is a guy who showed up to the draft combine high on weed with his future on the line. He personifies " I don't give a F$%$". I guarantee you he chose Denver b/c he decided that legalized weed was more important that being loyal to the team that gave him opportunities and believed in him through all the drug suspensions.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I apologize in advance if this was already posted. There are a LOT of R. Gregory threads!! LOL

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

What a man child. Denver saved Jerry from himself.

The dude clearly doesn't trust himself to not get into some sort of trouble.

I hope they sign Von Miller or Wagner and don't include this in their contract and leak it out because I'm petty like that.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I know he missed time, but Gregory had 6 sacks (16.5 in 50 career games) last year and 19 tackles. Losing him won't be the reason we don't have a successful year. I thought for sure he was going to put up like 12 sacks, but he didn't. He also killed us in the playoff game with his stupidity. I'd rather have him than not have him and yes Stephen is a jackass, but this is not a huge loss for us. We have a top 3 edge rusher in the game in Parsons and just need someone to rotate with Tank on the other side on passing downs and play on run downs when Parsons is at LB. We would be so much better off getting a DT that could get pressure up the middle and help stop the run than keeping Gregory or perhaps getting a LB that allows Parsons to move around and not be stuck like he was in the playoff game.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Randy could care less about winning or even football. This is a guy who showed up to the draft combine high on weed with his future on the line. He personifies " I don't give a F$%$". I guarantee you he chose Denver b/c he decided that legalized weed was more important that being loyal to the team that gave him opportunities and believed in him through all the drug suspensions.

Denver is a better place contract and football wise, anyone that signs with the Cowboys are doing for money and not wanting g to relocate.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With all the loyalty the Joneses showed to Gregory he slaps him them in the face. This is what they get for coddling players. Any other team would’ve moved on from Gregory after his second suspension.