Twitter: UDFA Brand Smith

conner01

Reaction score
If he is this good then why is he available?
No body drafted him
Thus he was available
Someone wanted to sign him thus the signing bonus
Odds are it’s wasted money
But more UDFA get a second contract than 6-7 rounds picks get
Though there are more UDFA every year than 6-7 round picks

Mannix

Reaction score
If he would have had better QB's throwing him the ball, he could have had MUCH better numbers....plus, he never seemed to get thrown to unless it was a deep ball or the Red Zone....Iowa's passing game has been VERY confusing for as long as I can remember....never seem to stretch the D going vertical down the middle of field....sound like another team you might know?

Last edited:

irishline

Reaction score
If he would have had better QB's throwing him the ball, he could have had MUCH better numbers....plus, he never seemed to get thrown to unless it was a deep ball or the Red Zone....Iowa's passing game has been VERY confusing for as long as I can remember....never seem to stretch the D going vertical down the middle of field....sound like another team you might know?

He averaged 11.4 yards per catch and only had 9 TDS in 4 years. Neither one of those scream deep ball or red zone threat to me. Then again I don't watch many Iowa games so what do I know.

conner01

Reaction score
Practice squad guy...we're so deep at wr it's silly
We have 4 and a load of maybes
The smart ones will make themselves available to ST
One maybe two make the roster the rest are trying out for PS spot

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No thanks, training camp casualty at best. Our WR group is already full. Maybe just one WR gets added but it won't be this guy. I think it will be Vasher.

Hardline

Reaction score
He will be given a fair shot.
Let's see what he can do.

I think Vasher probably has the best chance to stick. Every Texas Tech game I watched he killed it on the field.

Mannix

Reaction score
He averaged 11.4 yards per catch and only had 9 TDS in 4 years. Neither one of those scream deep ball or red zone threat to me. Then again I don't watch many Iowa games so what do I know.

Again....very mediocre QB play, along with OC issues for as long as I can remember....he is smart, and very reliable.