Udfa WR TJ Vasher

Ken

Reaction score
Burgess is a good comparison and he managed a very good career
CB’s tend to be shorter guys, except our new ones lol
That height with solid route running could work
I like the WR’s we got as UDFA
Some interesting guys there and should be at least one make this roster, maybe two
Vasher has nice speed as well. I saw a couple of plays where he ran away from the defense and was not caught from behind. Always something I look for when evaluating a player's speed and explosion.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’ve seen him his whole career. He was actually better his Freshman and Sophomore year, but he also had Mahomes for one year and Bowman the next. His missed a lot of games but he can play when he’s healthy. Early on he looked like he was going to be a monster.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
TJ Vasher

6'6", 216 lbs., 37.0" verticle.

Surprised to see TJ Vasher went undrafted. Glad to see the Cowboys sign him as a UDFA.

As a hardcore Longhorn supporter, I saw TJ Vasher light up the Longhorn defenses in recent years many times. With his height, weight, adequate speed, excellent hands and good athleticism, Vasher could become a weapon worth developing even further.

He kind of reminds me of Terrell Owens but taller. Needs more grooming but definitely plays with some fire and freakish athleticism. It will be interesting to see if Vasher makes the team.

GhzU7wh.jpg

You know thats right

Maxmadden

Reaction score
If I was 6'6" I wouldn't run the 40 yd dash either.

If you really want to know how fast someone is, make them run a 40, 50, and 60 yard dash. That would clear up the quick speed that is dominated by short 165 pound guys that practice track for 3 months and those guys that can literally stride away downfield.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m a big Texas Tech fan and I’ve seen Vasher play both in person and on TV many times. He’s a feast or famine type player.

He can make unbelievable catches with someone draped on him, but he drops a ton of ordinary passes that hit him in the hands. He can be great at times but he takes off plays way too much and is not a good blocker.

His strengths:
  • Size- 6’6” with huge hands and large catch radius
  • Can catch in traffic
  • Good in red zone with contested catches
  • Competitive; fights for the ball
His weaknesses:
  • Not that fast
  • Takes off plays, especially in the run game
  • Too many drops
  • Inconsistent
Vasher probably would have been drafted if he had shown some consistency and commitment. He has skills but never seemed that committed to improving his game. He has some talent but he’s a long shot.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
He's a big WR...maybe playing in the wrong era. 15+ years ago, he'd be in demand as a possession WR. Nowadays in the NFL with so many 3-4 WR sets forcing defenses to go with 5 DBs, big WRs need to be able to get separation. That's why you don't see so many pure possession WRs in the game anymore. If he is fast enough to get open in the NFL then he has a chance. If not, he could just be an outdated player at the next level.