*** UDRFA Thread***

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I’m no fan of Biadasz, but Lindstrom ain’t the guy some of y’all want him to be.
Every year this fan base anoints a few UDFA as these hidden gems that will start from day one and be impact players. Could it happen? Sure. Likely to happen? No.

agreed. If anyone was to win the starting Job over Biadasz it would be Farniok who reports say is developing very nicely.
Another thing this fan base does almost every year.

Reports say Farniok is the guy! From who, the same exact coaches who told you Biadasz was the guy last year?

RandyOh

Reaction score
Every year this fan base anoints a few UDFA as these hidden gems that will start from day one and be impact players. Could it happen? Sure. Likely to happen? No.

Another thing this fan base does almost every year.

Reports say Farniok is the guy! From who, the same exact coaches who told you Biadasz was the guy last year?
Player reports of development and what we saw out of Forniok in his limited play last year is all we can go off of as fans. More logical than hanging our hats on 2 undrafted rookies beating out Biadasz

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Player reports of development and what we saw out of Forniok in his limited play last year is all we can go off of as fans
I understand that but these reports are coming from what assistant coaches, scouts, and the Strength & Conditioning staff are leaking to local Cowboys media types.

Which again, are the exact same people who last year were telling everyone that Biadasz was ready for the starting gig.

Of course these coaches, scouts, and other support staff are going to hype a guy, it reflects well on them. What's the alternative? Those guys telling the media Forniak stinks and that they (Cowboys personnel) are all lousy at their jobs?

How many training camp all-stars do we hear the Dallas media hype every year only to see almost no evidence in the games, even the preseason games?

I hope Forniak has improved. If nothing else, to push Biadasz into being a better player. I'm just not willing to bet that a 7th round pick with one college career start at Center, and who only played 23 offensive snaps last year is our easy answer savior at the position.

This division has Daron Payne (1st rounder), Jonathan Allen (1st rounder), Leonard Williams (1st rounder), Dexter Lawrence (1st rounder), Fletcher Cox (1st rounder), and now Jordan Davis (1st rounder) lining up at Defensive Tackle. Nothing bothers a Quarterback more than pressure in their face, up the middle. We're supposed to be cool with Matt Forniak? Maybe Stephen thinks "Cap Room" will block someone?

RandyOh

Reaction score
I understand that but these reports are coming from what assistant coaches, scouts, and the Strength & Conditioning staff are leaking to local Cowboys media types.

Which again, are the exact same people who last year were telling everyone that Biadasz was ready for the starting gig.

Of course these coaches, scouts, and other support staff are going to hype a guy, it reflects well on them. What's the alternative? Those guys telling the media Forniak stinks and that they (Cowboys personnel) are all lousy at their jobs?

How many training camp all-stars do we hear the Dallas media hype every year only to see almost no evidence in the games, even the preseason games?

I hope Forniak has improved. If nothing else, to push Biadasz into being a better player. I'm just not willing to bet that a 7th round pick with one college career start at Center, and who only played 23 offensive snaps last year is our easy answer savior at the position.

This division has Daron Payne (1st rounder), Jonathan Allen (1st rounder), Leonard Williams (1st rounder), Dexter Lawrence (1st rounder), Fletcher Cox (1st rounder), and now Jordan Davis (1st rounder) lining up at Defensive Tackle. Nothing bothers a Quarterback more than pressure in their face, up the middle. We're supposed to be cool with Matt Forniak? Maybe Stephen thinks "Cap Room" will block someone?
I agree with everything your saying. I hate having to put up with a GM who faces no threat of consequence other then not selling as much merchandise. We had a high end starting Center if not a pro bowl caliber center sitting in our laps and we took a project guard instead. We won’t even reach out to a solid starting center up for grabs like JC tretter because “we like our guys”.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They made the playoffs with Biadasz, a 2nd year 4th round pick starting at OC.

That's a win for coaches and scouts even if they replace him this season.

Just because management didn't have a better player on the roster at that spot does not mean the coaches are going to hold that against Biadasz.