UEFA Champions League Football

csirl

Reaction score
Liverpool messed up against Barca. Changed how they usually play - only played 2 instead of 3 pure forwards. Always think it is a big mistake to change the system that has worked well and got you that far in an effort to out think an opponent.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Liverpool messed up against Barca. Changed how they usually play - only played 2 instead of 3 pure forwards. Always think it is a big mistake to change the system that has worked well and got you that far in an effort to out think an opponent.
IMHO, This was one where Messi was simply playing at his best and when he does, then it is all over.
Messi can be overrated (as can all Messiahs) as he has some stretches of play that are really bleh but there is NO ONE that matches his peak when he is on.
And what he did to Liverpool considering how good they have been is insane.
There have been times it looked like the age/beaten up body combo might rob him of some pace but ... yea ... if so it was temporary.

StylisticS

Reaction score
If you're Barcelona, I think you have to get rid of Valverde now. This is two years in a row this has happened. If he didn't have Messi, what would he have?

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
If you're Barcelona, I think you have to get rid of Valverde now. This is two years in a row this has happened. If he didn't have Messi, what would he have?

Sacking a manager who has won back to back la ligas would be Madrid levels of bat**** crazy

StylisticS

Reaction score
Sacking a manager who has won back to back la ligas would be Madrid levels of bat**** crazy
Something has to explained about them choking against the rest of Europe. Last year it was Roma, this year it's Liverpool. His tactics were schooled by Liverpool defensively with no Salah or Firminho.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
woooowwwwwww... no more golden state 3-1 lead memes... now it'll be 3-0 lead for Barca.

how they lost that is truly insane.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
La Liga isn't that hard to win.
When RM is down anyways.

The other sides are simply not competing financially.

Atletico make a bit of hay on occasion but then they sell the best and brightest.
It's a two horse race and one horse lost a shoe.

I wouldn't have any issue with them moving on at manager given that insane bottling.
Mentally it might be easier to have a new manager.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well, the UEFA Final will feature 2 English teams! Well done Tottenham and well done Liverpool! May the best English squad win!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really don't like Juve so it pains me to stick up for them but, 7 serie a titles on the bounce and a champions league final appearance a few years ago, aye distinctly average. Buffon is finished and has been for a few years sadly.

And even more sadly, Buffon is STILL better than Szczesny.

JBS

Reaction score

Yeah this isn't what happened at all..firmino was hurt..in an attempt to not change their style, they played gini up front who doesn't offer the same attacking prowess as firmino, but he offers the same pressing skills and work rate

What happened in the 2nd leg was a continuation of what transpired in the first leg without all of the lucky breaks going barcas way

StylisticS

Reaction score
I know this is about the champions league but as an Arsenal fan, I'm happy to see them in the Europa League final against Chelsea. Got to win that one.

Londonboy

Reaction score
I know this is about the champions league but as an Arsenal fan, I'm happy to see them in the Europa League final against Chelsea. Got to win that one.
Wish there was a don't like button.:thumbdown:
All 4 European finalists from the same Country, 1st time it's ever happened.