Unacceptable practice habits and mentality, issues of concern says Dak and Jourdan Lewis

Hadenough

Reaction score
So it took McCarthy 5 years to figure out their practices are slack?

I'm just surprised that Coach Jones didn't catch this first
Just so much is wrong with team and organization. Too much nepotism has lead to entitlement within org. No structure of power in the coaching staff. They are all just equal employees and dictator Jones has all the power.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the direct fruit of a culture that has zero accountability, is filled with arrogance, entitlement, and self promotion

There is nothing “professional” about their approach to their personal responsibilities or team vision.
Followers emulate leaders. Good or bad, head coaches lead players in the sport of football.

Bill Parcells was the last Dallas head coach, who was a true leader. His tenure mostly eclipsed the only other recognized leader, whom players see and hear every day. And incoming players have been emulating that particular individual for many years.

Creeper

Reaction score
We tend to focus on the players when the team is losing but I am starting to think Brian Baldinger hit the nail on the head with his recent comments about the Cowboys attention to details. It's the little things. Not running crisp route (Aikman), not running crisp stunts (Baldy), maintaining gap integrity, staying on blocks or just getting to the assigned guy to block, etc. All these things wind up costing the team. I watch other teams run screen plays and they manage to get a blocker on every defender to free the ball carrier for good yardage. Dallas runs a screen and it's a negative play.

Its been this way for a while. I read once that Vince Lombardi had his team run that famous power sweep play over and over in practice till they got it perfect. Not just good, it had to be perfect in every aspect. The Packers could run that play when every opponent knew it was coming and yet they could not stop it consistently. The Packers execution was always near perfect. I have no idea how the Cowboys practice but I get the impression they run a play a couple of times and move on to something else. They just look like they are a sloppy team. Missing blocks on offense, missing tackles on defense. Offensive linemen not picking up the stunt or twist and defensive linemen and LBs not maintaining their gap control. It's just poor execution, but when coupled with players who are not that good to begin with the result is 47-9.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I thought Dak was this Ultimate Alpha Leader? How is this possible?
I don't think dak has control of the defense. That's probably where these comments are directed. Notice it's Lewis talking about mentality and not one of the "stars"? I keep telling yall our 3 all pro defenders are soft as cotton. Lewis knows it

bewp7

Reaction score
wow really the coaching staff and team who did not show up at all for a play off game and didnt show up for like 50% of the time this season already have garbage practice and mentality what a shock

gj sticking with mccarthy tho jerry great move clown

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We tend to focus on the players when the team is losing but I am starting to think Brian Baldinger hit the nail on the head with his recent comments about the Cowboys attention to details. It's the little things. Not running crisp route (Aikman), not running crisp stunts (Baldy), maintaining gap integrity, staying on blocks or just getting to the assigned guy to block, etc. All these things wind up costing the team. I watch other teams run screen plays and they manage to get a blocker on every defender to free the ball carrier for good yardage. Dallas runs a screen and it's a negative play.

Its been this way for a while. I read once that Vince Lombardi had his team run that famous power sweep play over and over in practice till they got it perfect. Not just good, it had to be perfect in every aspect. The Packers could run that play when every opponent knew it was coming and yet they could not stop it consistently. The Packers execution was always near perfect. I have no idea how the Cowboys practice but I get the impression they run a play a couple of times and move on to something else. They just look like they are a sloppy team. Missing blocks on offense, missing tackles on defense. Offensive linemen not picking up the stunt or twist and defensive linemen and LBs not maintaining their gap control. It's just poor execution, but when coupled with players who are not that good to begin with the result is 47-9.
Actually, a couple of players have said the same thing. The little things and playing as a team, something MM talked about yesterday.