Unacceptable practice habits and mentality, issues of concern says Dak and Jourdan Lewis

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
wow really the coaching staff and team who did not show up at all for a play off game and didnt show up for like 50% of the time this season already have garbage practice and mentality what a shock

gj sticking with mccarthy tho jerry great move clown
Just curious, do you ever have anything positive to say? So hostile and negative but if that's you......

shabazz

Reaction score
I thought Dak was this Ultimate Alpha Leader? How is this possible?
Either the Qb or the HC has to demand effort and focus in practices.....in the event that it doesn't happen a different team leader has to demand it

There is not a single leader that has the gravitas on offense to demand it.....not even Zack Martin. He's mailing it in this season after getting the bag yet again

Last edited:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Either the Qb or the HC has to demand effort and focus in practices.....in the event that it doesn't happen a different team leader has to demand it

There is not a single leader that has the gravitas on offense to demand it.....not even Zack Martin. He's mailing it in this season after getting the bag yet again
No defensive players? You think Russell wilson demanded focus in Seattle? Lol. Yall keep letting the soft trinity off the hook. And it wasn't Pete Carroll the players coach either.

shabazz

Reaction score
No defensive players? You think Russell wilson demanded focus in Seattle? Lol. Yall keep letting the soft trinity off the hook. And it wasn't Pete Carroll the players coach either.
You mean Micah and Dlaw?

How can they demand accountability when they go AWOL in December and January.

I thought it was common knowledge that we have no team leaders on defense.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
He didn't get them to pay attention to the details even when he wasn't a lame duck

Soft coach....soft players
Probably true....but the wheels have fallen off this year....and it's not shocking. This is the WORST roster we've put on the field in at least 3 years....and I still don't have a real explanation as to why.

It seems real PERSONAL and that is what you get when the GM and the owner are the same person. If Jerry was that pissed off after last years loss to the Packers (and I don't blame him)....then do something to rectify it. Not punish the fans (and the coaches and players for that matter) because you are pissed off.

We were ALL pissed off, but never in my wildest imagination would I have thought this offseason would have been his response to everyone's disdain for how last year ended!

Brax

Reaction score
I thought Dak was this Ultimate Alpha Leader? How is this possible?
4 1/3 seasons in and MM just figured out bad practice habits and lack of fundamentals and 8 1/3 years in and Dak is blaming other players for bad practice habits and mentality, Only in Dallas what leadership Jerry has installed at the top. Scapegoat time has begun 6 games in, it’s everyone else’s fault not the leadership, Jerry better get his shorts and whistle and take the helicopter over to practice and straighten this mess out.

shabazz

Reaction score
Probably true....but the wheels have fallen off this year....and it's not shocking. This is the WORST roster we've put on the field in at least 3 years....and I still don't have a real explanation as to why.
Look no further that the man that builds the roster.

Great at building a brand but inept at building a championship contending roster

Brax

Reaction score

It seems real PERSONAL and that is what you get when the GM and the owner are the same person. If Jerry was that pissed off after last years loss to the Packers (and I don't blame him)....then do something to rectify it. Not punish the fans (and the coaches and players for that matter) because you are pissed off.

We were ALL pissed off, but never in my wildest imagination would I have thought this offseason would have been his response to everyone's disdain for how last year ended!
Watch out Jerry may fire you for that

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Any player who needs a certain type of owner or certain type of leader on the field with them to work hard is the problem, not the other way around.

These are professional athletes, they shouldn't need "leadership" to inspire them to work hard.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You mean Micah and Dlaw?

How can they demand accountability when they go AWOL in December and January.

I thought it was common knowledge that we have no team leaders on defense.
Dlaw isn't an all pro anymore and I think it's sad these soft new players are still forcing him to be the voice. I'm talking about Micah, Diggs and Bland. The 3 guys you would not want with you in a battle when games get real. People can talk dak all day but his issues are talent not toughness. The 3 defenders I named have all the talent and ZERO toughness. That's the mentality Lewis is talking about.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I keep hearing about "leadership" of our top players and how guys can't wait to go to battle with/for Dak......

Something isn't adding up here.
Same things Cleveland players were saying about Watson, it's the company thing to say to support your teammate, but I want to know what they're saying at home, and around their families about Dak!!! lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So let me understand this. First, we are going back to basics with Dak. Second, we are now going to practice as a team.?

Asking for a friend
We will find out in a few drives how much this actually took place, i'm going to call BS on their part, can't believe anything with this team these days

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Any player who needs a certain type of owner or certain type of leader on the field with them to work hard is the problem, not the other way around.

These are professional athletes, they shouldn't need "leadership" to inspire them to work hard.
That's absolute nonsense. It doesn't matter how much you earn or what your profession is, people or groups of people always work within the same parameters. And leaders or role models at least are an integral part of a productive and non toxic working environment.

These guys worked their whole lives towards one goal. But they wouldn't have achieved anything without these roles in their close proximity. Whether it's a parent, a coach or another player, you're going nowhere without that kind of support.

Every Superbowl champion in history had at least one true leader.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
D Law has been the "leader" and the "cornerstone" of this defense for years. He is also one of the most selfish and toxic players we have ever had. Now we end up with fools like Diggs and clowns like Parsons. Children running around acting like they are men. The defense is broken and can only be fixed by a full on purge.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We tend to focus on the players when the team is losing but I am starting to think Brian Baldinger hit the nail on the head with his recent comments about the Cowboys attention to details. It's the little things. Not running crisp route (Aikman), not running crisp stunts (Baldy), maintaining gap integrity, staying on blocks or just getting to the assigned guy to block, etc. All these things wind up costing the team. I watch other teams run screen plays and they manage to get a blocker on every defender to free the ball carrier for good yardage. Dallas runs a screen and it's a negative play.

Its been this way for a while. I read once that Vince Lombardi had his team run that famous power sweep play over and over in practice till they got it perfect. Not just good, it had to be perfect in every aspect. The Packers could run that play when every opponent knew it was coming and yet they could not stop it consistently. The Packers execution was always near perfect. I have no idea how the Cowboys practice but I get the impression they run a play a couple of times and move on to something else. They just look like they are a sloppy team. Missing blocks on offense, missing tackles on defense. Offensive linemen not picking up the stunt or twist and defensive linemen and LBs not maintaining their gap control. It's just poor execution, but when coupled with players who are not that good to begin with the result is 47-9.
It baffles me every time we try to run a screen to a RB or a WR, I've been saying it for years that we're like the only team that can't run a successful screen pass. There's not enough attention to detail on the play. It's basically, we called a play, let's just go out there and run and see what happens, we have the star on our helmet, that'll get us 12 easy yards!!! Guys whiff on blocks, there's no deception in the play, everyone knows it's coming, it's poorly blocked. In the summer we hear how we're working on our screen game etc etc, and i'm like yeah right, we're going against our defense thinking we're good, we play against another NFL defense and they make us look foolish

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
That's absolute nonsense. It doesn't matter how much you earn or what your profession is, people or groups of people always work within the same parameters. And leaders or role models at least are an integral part of a productive and non toxic working environment.

These guys worked their whole lives towards one goal. But they wouldn't have achieved anything without these roles in their close proximity. Whether it's a parent, a coach or another player, you're going nowhere without that kind of support.

Every Superbowl champion in history had at least one true leader.
Nah.

Leaders don't matter if players aren't singularly motivated.