Unconfirmed: I blame the Cowboys

blueblood70

Reaction score
You are incorrect. He was a restricted free agent. Clearly you didn't read the links that I posted.
clearly you didnt read mine.. I was there I was in my 20s when this went on and read it in papers and from the news paper no SM bs flying around like now..

BTW....Zekes already got higher offer, first Bell like, now higher then Bell and will get more.. so all this talk is moot his holdout is working hes getting a new deal whether you like it or not..BYE TROLLS

he wont be traded he is getting anew deal troll on that trolls

Plankton

Reaction score
like the rest of the internet I can find 50 that say it was 4yr deal and he held out..never heard of a 3yr deal anyway and the fact that he held out for more money twice makes it the same...period Gurley got paid after 3 or he would have held out..its anew trend and RBs wont take the bs anymore..

Bottom line Zeke deserves a new deal now and should get paid..period..done with you mightier then tough attitudes like this is the first time in sports player wants new deal and EE has outperformed it..end of story..give the man 14.7 and lets move on to Dak and Amari bloated way overpaid contracts..NEXT

Oh, wait, so now you're moving the goalposts? It can't be true because you never heard of a three year deal? Feel free to post a story from 1993 indicating that Smith was under contract at the time that he missed two games. Should be easy to find if it were true.

The links I posted were from articles written at the time of Smith being unsigned. Not present day - at the time of the situation. Were they lying then?

Smith held out prior to signing his initial rookie deal, and then held out after playing three years. On both occasions, he was without a contract. You must not remember the way it used to be, but rookies prior to the rookie wage scale being implemented used to hold out well into camp all the time. What Smith did was hardly unprecedented. The fact that he didn't report due to not being under contract proves nothing that you are arguing.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I gave info on an article. I did not interview the parties, nor write the piece. Massive fail.
Here’s your QUOTE
Moderator Edit: The OP contains information without an accompanying link to an article, etc.

It was reported that Zeke stated in January, that he would not play without a new contract. Why didn't management get in front of this nonsense at that time? This has nothing to do with Dak, Cooper, or any other player. The lines of communication should have been opened at that time.

Reported WHERE?????? LINK????? Or shut up. Damn troll.

Plankton

Reaction score
clearly you didnt read mine.. I was there I was in my 20s when this went on and read it in papers and from the news paper no SM bs flying around like now..

BTW....Zekes already got higher offer, first Bell like, now higher then Bell and will get more.. so all this talk is moot his holdout is working hes getting a new deal whether you like it or not..BYE TROLLS

he wont be traded he is getting anew deal troll on that trolls

You have a memory problem. Smith was not under contract. I posted three stories from 1993 that indicate this very fact.

I have not argued a single thing about Elliott's situation in this. The two situations are not alike, and should in no way be lumped together.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
That's right owners!
I haven't heard anyone EVER claiming that JJ didn't pay them so I am assuming that JJ has kept up his end of the contract! JJ even paid Zeke's legal fee's when he was fighting his 6 week suspension, if I was JJ I would be suing to recoup that chunk of change since Zeke doesn't care what JJ and the front office did to help him out!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I haven't heard anyone EVER claiming that JJ didn't pay them so I am assuming that JJ has kept up his end of the contract! JJ even paid Zeke's legal fee's when he was fighting his 6 week suspension, if I was JJ I would be suing to recoup that chunk of change since Zeke doesn't care what JJ and the front office did to help him out!

Glad you are not Jerry, he's more sincere.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Then you are on the team's side. The team is trying to come to a fair agreement, Zeke's side is moaning and whining for a cap strapping contract that will help us NOT win a super bowl.
The cap is not Zekes problem to figure out.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Why did they help him out? Because they needed him to win, if not for that they wouldn't have. It was self serving.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Here’s your QUOTE

Reported WHERE?????? LINK????? Or shut up. Damn troll.

Hey dumb, dumb, the information has been posted many times. If you would shut your ignorant mouth, and read, you will find the info.

links18

Reaction score
He’s got 2 years on his contract....you sign him you risk the rest of the team holding out to get paid

You can’t let a player dictate when management moves or you’ll end up with half the team on holdout status

Most of the rest of the team doesn't have Zeke's leverage. Zeke is the best player on offense and he wants to be paid like it.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Why did they help him out? Because they needed him to win, if not for that they wouldn't have. It was self serving.
JJ did not have to pay millions trying to prevent the suspension that happened anyway. When your boss steps up like that, you show loyalty. I went through some personal stuff (medical)and I missed over a month of work and my boss took me back. I don't forget things like that, when he calls and needs me to help out, I do not hesitate!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Hey dumb, dumb, the information has been posted many times. If you would shut your ignorant mouth, and read, you will find the info.
You’re the dummy making a post without the facts to back you up instead relying on others to bail you out. And to my original post to your nonsense thread, who says the Cowboys didn’t jump all over it? Again, dimwit, it takes 2 to negotiate, not 1.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You’re the dummy making a post without the facts to back you up instead relying on others to bail you out. And to my original post to your nonsense thread, who says the Cowboys didn’t jump all over it? Again, dimwit, it takes 2 to negotiate, not 1.

Once again, half-pint; after I was asked to give factual data. I gave information to the article. You are still acting like an immature mental midget, and you have the mitigated gall to speak on Zeke's issues; shameful. It takes two to negotiate and Zeke's camp made the first move. It is nonsense, but yet you continue adding your yens worth, lol.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Once again, half-pint; after I was asked to give factual data. I gave information to the article. You are still acting like an immature mental midget, and you have the mitigated gall to speak on Zeke's issues; shameful. It takes two to negotiate and Zeke's camp made the first move. It is nonsense, but yet you continue adding your yens worth, lol.
Troll

birdwells1

Reaction score
JJ did not have to pay millions trying to prevent the suspension that happened anyway. When your boss steps up like that, you show loyalty. I went through some personal stuff (medical)and I missed over a month of work and my boss took me back. I don't forget things like that, when he calls and needs me to help out, I do not hesitate!

You had no leverage you were at his mercy of course you'll do anything.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
You had no leverage you were at his mercy of course you'll do anything.
Wrong again, the GM finally saw what my department manager managed to do without me being there which was next to nothing. I am now the department manager and he has no job!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dak is also in his final year, along with Collins, Brown, and Jones is in his 5th year.

I guess they should of held out too.

He can holdout, but he can also get fined.

He still could of come to camp, and asked for a new deal.

I don't blame either side.

He wants to get paid, and the Cowboys want to get the "best" deal, or whatever that means.
Just like Zack Martin. He held out but was at practice everyday, just didn't practice.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Wrong again, the GM finally saw what my department manager managed to do without me being there which was next to nothing. I am now the department manager and he has no job!

You are replaceable. That's ok because I am too, the good Lord gave LeBron, Brady, Rodgers skills that allow them to set there salaries. I'm no hater and I dont compare my job with theirs because no matter how great we are at our jobs there's millions of people that can do our jobs without much fall off. If there was not then I'd be holding out for more money.