Unconfirmed: I blame the Cowboys

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Moderator Edit: The OP contains information without an accompanying link to an article, etc.

It was reported that Zeke stated in January, that he would not play without a new contract. Why didn't management get in front of this nonsense at that time? This has nothing to do with Dak, Cooper, or any other player. The lines of communication should have been opened at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:

John813

Reaction score
Not dictate, but if there is a loophole in the agreement, why not extort your perceived findings.

Dak is also in his final year, along with Collins, Brown, and Jones is in his 5th year.

I guess they should of held out too.

He can holdout, but he can also get fined.

He still could of come to camp, and asked for a new deal.

I don't blame either side.

He wants to get paid, and the Cowboys want to get the "best" deal, or whatever that means.

JayFord

Reaction score
He’s got 2 years on his contract....you sign him you risk the rest of the team holding out to get paid

You can’t let a player dictate when management moves or you’ll end up with half the team on holdout status

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
hes got 2 years left on his current contract, what part of that do you not understand? I could give two you know whats as to what he wants....contracts are in place for just this reason. He is going to make so much more than Dak has in his first 4 years, plus has a 5 year still....yet Dak is in camp...

I fully understand that. Do you understand precedent?

John813

Reaction score
Is this football thing new to you?
You are just learning how professional sports works or something?

What's weird is they call it football but I don't see any nets. And they carry the ball, which should be a hand ball penalty.

superonyx

Reaction score
Dak is also in his final year, along with Collins, Brown, and Jones is in his 5th year.

I guess they should of held out too.

He can holdout, but he can also get fined.

He still could of come to camp, and asked for a new deal.

I don't blame either side.

He wants to get paid, and the Cowboys want to get the "best" deal, or whatever that means.
They have the option. They thought it was in their best interest not to. They are not RB's so they will not lose any value with a year or 2.

For someone with 10k post i'm surprised you don't understand this sport a little more by now.