Unconfirmed: I blame the Cowboys

aikemirv

Reaction score
He did stop acting as if he was a RFA , its not TRUE he was under contract had entire year left ,.im not going to argue, not one report from back then or 99% of media rehashing it ,calls it anything but a holdout.. its still shows even a player who is in high regard will be selfish when it comes to his money.. its was a dang HOLDOUT nothing more nothing less he was scheduled to play that year..

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/emmitt-smith-ezekiel-elliott-holdout/509805
“If you do your research and do your studies, you’ll find out that Emmitt Smith was never a holdout,” Smith said. “Although the propaganda would say I was a holdout, the reality is my contract was fulfilled and I was negotiating. I wasn’t holding out. … When you don’t have a contract and you’re unemployed, all you can do is negotiate.”

John813

Reaction score
obviously you can HOLDOUT as well after yr 3 you can ask for anew deal.. being done by 4 players right now and OBJ and Brown FORCED Trades, Brown had no guaranteed money left and now has 30mil, how did that happen?...Bell may have lost money but he got paid well and got his way by no longer being a Steeler and didnt get hurt making less then he felt he was worth....

OBJ didn't ask for a trade. He was legit shocked they traded him.

Dre11

Reaction score
Did you know about Jaylon?
And for a few unnamed women in photos. What does that have to do with business?

Unarmed women, flashing a women breast, conta,ting a security guard, whether he was guilty or not it was a distraction. And it has a lot to do with business. You're not a good business partner of you can't be available or trusted. Are you serious right now...lol

aikemirv

Reaction score
obviously you can HOLDOUT as well after yr 3 you can ask for anew deal.. being done by 4 players right now and OBJ and Brown FORCED Trades, Brown had no guaranteed money left and now has 30mil, how did that happen?...Bell may have lost money but he got paid well and got his way by no longer being a Steeler and didnt get hurt making less then he felt he was worth....
Not the argument or the point!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If the Cowboys and Zeke's agent could not agree on a contract, then how would they "get in front of it".

Maybe you are saying the Cowboys should have announced that Zeke was likely to holdout before he actually did holdout.

By talking about his concerns. Is that too hard to understand?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Unarmed women, flashing a women breast, conta,ting a security guard, whether he was guilty or not it was a distraction. And it has a lot to do with business. You're not a good business partner of you can't be available or trusted. Are you serious right now...lol

They are not partners, Patna.

Dre11

Reaction score
That just struck me as funny, nothing against you or your thread. This is not the first time I've seen this mentioned but I have no idea the origin.

But if they knew he was planning a holdout, they still hit him with that option year. That's an odd response to a threat to hold out. Oh yeah? Whammo, here's another year on top of that one! Hold out for two years!!!

What was news to me is that these 5th years are determined by position. He is getting less than players drafted behind him and has outperformed them. It's in another thread and makes no sense.

His peers negotiated it. He have to deal with it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
https://larrybrownsports.com/football/emmitt-smith-ezekiel-elliott-holdout/509805
“If you do your research and do your studies, you’ll find out that Emmitt Smith was never a holdout,” Smith said. “Although the propaganda would say I was a holdout, the reality is my contract was fulfilled and I was negotiating. I wasn’t holding out. … When you don’t have a contract and you’re unemployed, all you can do is negotiate.”

no propaganda it what he wants you to believe its the only story saying so.. they never negotiated with other teams EVER..he couldn't because he had yr left and not one TRUE report says otherwise..If he was an RFA they could have talked to other teams and the Cowboys could match ,that never happened..

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-09-17-sp-36152-story.html

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/galle...revis-chancellor-emmitt-smith-jamarcus-081516.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Dallas_Cowboys_season

https://www.nytimes.com/1996/08/13/sports/cowboys-millions-keep-smith-in-dallas.html

think of it Logically Dude was drafted in 1990 had 4 yr deal

he played 1990, 1991, and 1992 HELD OUT BEFORE BEFORE before BEFORE THE 1993 SEASON

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN IF HE HASNT PLAYED 4 YEARS YET, YOU SAY HE FULLFILLED HIS CONTRACT WHEN NO WAY HE COULD HAVE..it was 4yr deal he played 3 years and then HELD OUT..

stop trying to message the truth.. if you are going to argue when he held out like the year it was before 1993season and drafted in 1990 with a 4yr deal..

is that too much for you to understand?

blueblood70

Reaction score
OBJ didn't ask for a trade. He was legit shocked they traded him.
well there you go thx for my point team was able to get rid of his deal by forcing him out..it proves teams are not loyal and neither are players.. we as fans are stuck in the middle..

John813

Reaction score
well there you go thx for my point team was able to get rid of his deal by forcing him out..it proves teams are not loyal and neither are players.. we as fans are stuck in the middle..

They ate a lot of dead cap, and seem to run by an idiot. To be determined on the latter.

I don't believe too much in loyalty in sports, cause now it's a business. There is no loyalty in business. It's a cutthroat world unless you have some good connections or bloodlines.
Teams want to get production without having to pay a lot and the players want to get paid.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Moderator Edit: The OP contains information without an accompanying link to an article, etc.

It was reported that Zeke stated in January, that he would not play without a new contract. Why didn't management get in front of this nonsense at that time? This has nothing to do with Dak, Cooper, or any other player. The lines of communication should have been opened at that time.

This is no surprise. The FO was warned that Zeke might be suspended in 2017 and were taken totally of guard when it happened. As usual, we are ill prepared to handle the loss of Zeke.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Having a payer/ payee contract does not mean you're partners. Some players don't honor the contract. David Irving. Some teams dont honor the contract. Ryan Leaf. It's a mixed bag. But yes Zeke's holdout was him not honoring his contract.

Not staying true to a contract happens all the time. Cheating spouses.